cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cheap home wifi provider

sabotagelg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My girlfriend just told me that roger charged 132$ including tax for 2 persons. Only 2 persons and 4 devices, 10GB data consumption, which wifi provider in Hamilton, Ontario would be ideal for her scenario?

7 REPLIES 7

Those would be for a cell service to hotspot off of or to use in a home router running on cell. Do you not have Bell home internet available? For an example, the base list price for the lowest slowest fibre data bucket from Telus which is unlimited for 2 years and then 550gb at 75mbps is $85. Bell has a non-fibre starting at $65 at 5mbps and unlimited. What's with 2 people and 4 devices? Also ridiculous. There have to be other options than that silly Rogers deal.

sabotagelg

Thank you, i will talk to koodo/fido today and see what they can offer.

sabotagelg

She has no TV.

And by "home wifi provider" you do mean home internet right?---Yes, home internet

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sabotagelg 

That seems expensive back east.

We have unlimited wifi, TV and landline for $139 with Shaw in the west but hate to see what it will be with the Rogers/Shaw merger.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

That's ridiculous. May as well just get the largest data plan from here and hotspot to it. Doesn't Bell offer home internet? Does Telus operate home internet services out east? Any of the little small player resellers?

Does your girlfriend have any TV from any of the providers? Rogers likely has the monopoly on old cable services. But I would think Bell would be present.

And by "home wifi provider" you do mean home internet right?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

I must be a little too old to appreciate ....$132 for wifi !!!   Sorry, that's way outta my price range.  😳

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@sabotagelg  home wifi for 10GB for $132?  I don't think deals are bad like that

but you are in the wrong place Public Mobile does not offer home internet

Try Koodo or Fido, they have plan like around $40 unlimited , not top speed, but decent 

Need Help? Let's chat.