cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win Back Calls.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I've been with Public Mobile for a total of 3 days now, with my Primary line which I've just ported in from Bell. 

Today I got a call from Telus, offering me 75GB for some odd amount.. and I just find it odd?? Has anyone else had this happen right after joining?

Why would Telus have called me about that, was it that they know I'm with Public Mobile now, because I've never been with Telus before.. where would they have gotten my number from?

6 REPLIES 6

Priority

Yes, Bell has also already tried attempting this call but it didn't work very well for them.

I'm staying Public Mobile + I can't port out now since I already have 30 Referrals on this Account and if I leave I lose those. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

This isn't odd at all. Because you ported in from Bell, Telus will see this because of course they own Public Mobile. Depending on what plan you picked from Public Mobile, Telus will call you and offer you a sweet deal to see if you bite. And if you bite, then it worked. If you don't bite and stay with Public Mobile, they may reach out in a few months to make sure you're happy and may offer you another deal. I'm 100% sure you'll receive a call from Bell in the next 30 days with a Call Back offer to get you to move back to Bell. Hope that clarifies why.

Priority

That's what I was thinking, hence why I found it odd.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Priority  It’s common to call for your old provider when leaving for a new carrier to offer a sweet heart deal .but not for the top tier provider of the same new carrier you just joined 

Priority

Bell also called today and asked why I left. 

Pretty simple answer. Haha

XionBunny

Never had that, I did have calls from Koodo after leaving at one point, though.

Need Help? Let's chat.