cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Streaming music

Hey I know. There's this really new tech where you don't pay for the content. Sure you gotta listen to some ads on occasion. You can even get scores and weather forecasts and current events.

It's so new, not all devices have the tech in them.

It's called FM radio. My BB Z30 OS10 has it built right in to the phone itself. All I need are headphones. I got those.

(tongue firmly in cheek Smiley Happy ...mostly...'cause it *does* work )

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey, my Moto G5S also has that newfangled FM radio!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@zork1984 wrote:

For free music streaming, I use Google music (not youtube music),

@zork1984 unfortunately, not for long you don't; Play Music is being retiring in favour of YouTube Music.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

Amazon rumored to be offering free music streaming on echo speakers.

https://m.gsmarena.com/amazon_to_introduce_free_music_service_-news-36561.php

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@srlawren wrote:

@zork1984 wrote:

For free music streaming, I use Google music (not youtube music),

@zork1984 unfortunately, not for long you don't; Play Music is being retiring in favour of YouTube Music.

I will use it for as long as it is available...  with their push for the smart speakers where people would just stream music for free now, their may be some push back.  They may even introduce a free tier from Youtube music, which in my option is not too far fetched, as you can actually get it for free on Lenovo's smart speaker (when I installed that for my in-laws, the google home assitant app indicated that youtube music is available for those google home assistant device with a display, so it is possible they may extend to all speakers, perhaps with some limitations.)