cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Streaming music

It is really convenient when you are working out in the the gym or running on the treadmill.  Only major downside with free version of Spotify are the ads.  Has anyone tried any of the other streaming services like Pandora, Apple music, or YouTube music ?

Mayor / Maire

Re: Streaming music

@Triguy wrote:

It is really convenient when you are working out in the the gym or running on the treadmill.  Only major downside with free version of Spotify are the ads.  Has anyone tried any of the other streaming services like Pandora, Apple music, or YouTube music ?

Get a phone that has a microsd slot and play your music from there. No data, no wifi, no ads. Smiley Happy

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Triguy 

I like TuneIn Radio Pro

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would also like to stream music. Just not sure how much data i'll use up.

@wickedgx 

as long as you're on wifi, no worries Smiley Wink

@wickedgx wrote:

I would also like to stream music. Just not sure how much data i'll use up.

Most of the big players have the ability to download for offline use in the premium packages.  While streaming over data, us normal or low quality setting to keep the size down.  On WiFi, if you have unlimited, stream at the best quality.

I used Spotify Premium.  Loved it, and not much data was used on the lowest quality settings. I don’t know the total amounts, as I’ve never used all 12 G on my 90-day plan.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the Spotify family plan split between friends, it makes it very cheap. I did have Google Music and Tidal in the past, both can be limited with selection occasionally. I appreciate that they all have a 'download' function so you don't burn through data. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have Tidal, really like it. There’s a lot available... but still some songs that you won’t find 

I mostly use Amazon music unlimited. It is pretty good plus we have a fire stick which has amazon music built in making it easy to use. The only negative is no explicit music filter so we have to be careful listening to music with the kids around.

I have also used the free version of Slacker Radio. It is pretty good as well. Has a nice variety of stations and specials. But the commercials are really annoying and repetive.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For free music streaming, I use Google music (not youtube music), it works ok as it just randomly plays songs from my selected music station.  Asking for a specific artist will get you songs from that artist plus other similar artists.

If you library has it, you can "borrow" albums from Hoopla which you can either stream or download for offline playback.  I am with Ottawa Public Library and I can borrow up to 4 items per month.  (used to be 8 I think) so check your local library.