cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a interesting Text from PM on something

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile here: We've partnered with Altima Telecom to offer our subscribers savings of $6/mo on Unlimited Home Internet plans & a Wi-Fi 6 router. Terms, conditions and early cancellation fees apply.

To learn more, visit: https://txt.publicmobile.ca/t1N10cvpY. Use promo code ROE2YE at checkout.

Reply STOP if you no longer wish to hear about Public Mobile offers.

Wonder, if this is a legitimate PM text

Plus, if so, how does it work?

6 REPLIES 6

Community_QA_
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

i got that too.  Telus bought it and it is selling for its little player

Telus Quietly Acquires Altima and Start.ca Independent ISPs • iPhone in Canada Blog

Proxima

I received a similar text message but I deleted it since it was a irrelevant to me

umnikke8

Telus owns Altima now, they buy wholesale internet access from the local companies and sell that. They made offers to Koodo and some Telus customers earlier this year iirc. You can get better prices from other companies that do the same thing.

Interesting, thought though PM was Only doing Mobile

Would be interesting if PM could actually possibly Partner with a reliable and dependable Provider who does HOME Internet, Home Phone, TV and Security, being able to pay through the PM App and all that

PM should try to offer a Community based way of offering this kind of Service, Having to Only send Techs for Install and all that, But all help and stuff done via Community 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I believe I got similar few months ago.

Do your own research regarding that company and yes PM does have relationship with some Internet providers.

Need Help? Let's chat.