cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Set "Public Points" to always reduce my monthly bill?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@TroyBoyd 

Slim chance that Mint Mobile will come to Canada. The same reason that TextNow SIM can’t be use for free calling and texting WITHOUT the need for wifi to work…Government Regulators! They won’t let TextNow partner up with one of the big 3 companies to use their cell towers.

Even though TextNow is a Canadian company in Ontario.

Good thing I can use my TextNow SIM in the USA and get calls and texts are FREE. But I get free calling and texting on wifi in Canada.

12 REPLIES 12

James_S
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

TextNow shows coverage within parts of Canada.

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I’m also in the GTA - Ontario- Gassed up with 91 yesterday at $198.9 . It’s not just ouch anymore but  bleeding. 
PS -$165.6 for regular. 

@BKNS27   Ouch, so almost as much as Newfoundland, although they are averages.  It's only a couple of cents higher than the average shown for Ontario where I am, fortunately.

@Phil_Adelphus 

181.9 at my corner Petro Canada right now.

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@TroyBoyd 

There are plans from other providers that cheaper than public mobile $15 plan, you may have a look at them and pick what works for your needs and location 

koodo and Lucky, monthly plan $15 100 minutes, unlimited incoming call, texts + 500 MB

Telus $100 yearly plan unlimited calls and texts no data 

freedom $119 yearly plan, unlimited calls and texts + 15GB

slusagm

Mint is not coming to Canada, they want to , but they can't, or at least it would be a long wait

golfball

Mint Mobile isn't any cheaper than PM. Their lowest plan is $15 USD which is about $20 CAD. And on some higher plans PM actually provides better value.

Wayworn

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Wayworn 

I agree and people in Vancouver pays the highest for gas where as people back east pays the least. We pay for all these crazy taxes.

What is crazy that most of the gas are produced in western Canada. Alberta and BC. Almost none produced back east and they have the lowest prices in gas!

That is not fare.

What's even crazier is that Alberta crude flows through BC and is sold for less to China and who knows what other countries.

"The current Trans Mountain Pipeline System, in operation since 1953, spans approximately 1,150 kilometres. It starts in Edmonton, Alberta and terminates on the West Coast of British Columbia in Burnaby."

BUT WAIT there is also now a new pipeline now --2024 --to the coast that will carry even more crude to be sold to other countries.

@BKNS27   BC seems to be the fourth priciest, according to this table by Gas Buddy.  

https://www.gasbuddy.com/can 

It seems you miss out compared to your neighbouring provinces.

@Wayworn 

I agree and people in Vancouver pays the highest for gas where as people back east pays the least. We pay for all these crazy taxes.

What is crazy that most of the gas are produced in western Canada. Alberta and BC. Almost none produced back east and they have the lowest prices in gas!

That is not fare.

Wayworn

We’re all Canadians and didn’t realize that in the province with the highest unemployment you pay more tax than in the oil rich province.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@TroyBoyd   You might be interested in the Telus $100 a year plan with unlimited calling and texting (for two years then it reverts to 400 mins)  since you hardly use your phone, if you don't mind paying a year up front.  

@Wayworn  Different provincial rate?

Need Help? Let's chat.