cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Live Changes and Improvements to the Public Mobile App

Void
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No. I am not saying the slowness causing loss of number.

Please have a look at the link in my comment.

I am suggesting the cookie/cache issue that was never fixed (people are still constantly recommended to login in incognito/private mode) may be the cause of those people losing their number, because the website/app may be trying to port a number to the wrong account.

12 REPLIES 12

HI @Void 

yes, the chatbot ticket is far from perfect, but I think PM will get that fixed

It's ok, people will post question and we have a strong Community to back it up.  @Void  you have joined since 2016 but you rarely posted, maybe you need to reply more since you definitely know something.  Or you have another account and already helping others?  

Void

The cellular service and even the support agents were fine with me.
I just think bugs/issues in the app/website have been ignored for too long.
That includes the ChatBot.
Even though there's a good chance one can find the private message link to cs_agent just by clicking on a random post, apparently the 404 error from the ChatBot is sufficient for a new user to conclude that there's no support.

HI @Void 

I guess we have to admit PM is not perfect.  But I have to say, it has been improving, and it is now way better than years ago.  Just little thing here and there.  🙂

Void

Well, even in my first comment, I mentioned that as a suggestion not a conclusion. I used the phrase "might very well be" not "is". I don't think the cache issue should be dismissed as a non-issue. It's been months since the new system was deployed and it is still not fixed.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Void  Your absolutely correct biggest issue as of late is for some trying to update credit card info . Many post about it just have as a thru the forums . But I totally agree with you not sure the slightly better pricing is worth the headaches . And I say slightly because the big 3 sometimes offer win back plans that still put the flanker in market plans to shame 

HI @Void 

i think it is still too early you tie this with cache without proof. 

But I think CS agent would got that figure out

Void

It doesn't matter!
All I was trying to say is that the app and website are not ok.

Those are bugs that really should be fixed.

It's not right that you guys need to constantly recommend people to use incognito mode.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Void  I think in that case someone tried to set up second account on the same phone . It’s best to use the specific phone used for specific account log in and make changes . Otherwise you want ti clear the app cache or go incognito private mode as you have already read even then there’s a change you just log into the first account because if cache issues around here 

Void

This is the post I linked to: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/My-primary-line-is-disconnected-by-mistak...

Two users in the thread experienced losing their first number when porting second number.

HI @Void 

in theory  possible

but you said " There are people losing their number which might very well be caused by it." sound like you knew some stories .. lol

But we have not seen any posts about that

Void

True that my theory was not proven. But imagine you logging in to the wrong account because of the cache issue and then request number porting. Which account would it port to?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

nah @Void 

that wouldn't cause loss of number

it is true the cache caused trouble with login and sometimes logged in on wrong accounts

Need Help? Let's chat.