cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points AKA Bait and Switch

Brwilson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It looks like Public mobile is pulling a bait and switch on rewards. 

What kind of scam is this?

You sign up and they tell you the rewards are switched to 'points'.

I suspected from day one that they would pull this stunt. 

4 REPLIES 4

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Brwilson definitely check your My Account to make sure you weren't switched over accidentally. Although that email was sent in error, but I have a feeling some folks got switched over accidentally. I rarely ever logged into My Account in the past, but I'll definitely be checking a little more frequently going forward. 

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Brwilson wrote:

@Brwilson  This email was sent out in error. Please disregard it. You have not been switched to the new Public Points system. The Community Manager @Jade_S from Public Mobile has already made an announcement in an update to the publication of the Public Points System. The emails were sent out during their testing in the back-end system. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Update-Introducing-Public-Points/td-p/7....

The reward system based on points is for new customers who signed up with Public Mobile on Jan.  25, 2022 and after.  If you are a customer before that date, you are still on the existing dollar-based reward system unless you choose to switch to the points-based system and switching is optional.  

@Brwilson wrote:

Nobody has been switched to points unless the customer has requested it.  Public Mobile did sent out and erroneous e-mail stating that. 

When did you become a customer?  Customers who activated on or after January 25 don't have a choice as the old program is no longer available.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Brwilson 

The email was sent in error and a correction was later sent out, if that's what you're referring to.

Have you logged in to https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards using your old self serve login?

You should still be on the old rewards system if you never asked to switch.

Need Help? Let's chat.