cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please match $34 for 50gb

mrsblondee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm creating a thread for us to "petition" PM to match the $34 for 50gb plans that the other carriers are offering. 

Community please share your feedback in the comments! Public Mobile please take notice @J_PM. It's not too late to add a real cyber Monday deal (instead of what you are currently offering). Considering the terrible rollout with the Black Friday deals, this would be a nice move from PM.

Thanks!

91 REPLIES 91

Bercor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the info...

Flameotter

@O4Ever 

Yes!. I'm hoping they open it up to current customers too. Looks like deals are ramping up!

Thank you for sharing!

ron_ron

Now, let's hope closer to boxing day if other providers are lowering their prices or even including US/Canada that is the only chance that PM will lower their plans even further. But there is still hope!

O4Ever

They did take more than a week, but you were 100% correct: they brought it back... for new customers only 🫣

1000034172.jpg

O4Ever

They brought it back as a Boxing week deal, but still not available for peoplwho already subscribed to the service. Meh! 

1000034175.jpg

Flameotter

I missed that one. I got the one for 40 GB on 5G and $34. I just asked them to fix it last night I could have requested the 50 GB maybe.

I think lost track of the Black Friday and Cyber Monday dates and deals.

anon3123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

4G  50-180Mbps

5G can hit 250Mbps

For practicality on mobile, not really a major difference. Unless you're constantly transferring or using large amounts of data that speed throughput won't make a noticeable difference on your calls or streaming. You want consistent throughput or consistent network access more than speed for quality. So no drops, buffer issues, or other weirdness.

Hope that helps

anon3123

Great reply and that's been my experience with Freedom before switching. My calls were bad quality and most people said so. Switched to PM and SUCH a difference in call quality and hand off between towers when traveling. Much better experience overall. My Freedom calls would drop often which was a pain point and no such issues so far with PM.

Port issues PM fixed as well with an email to cs_agent as Freedom seems to have messed my port up initially.

Yeah who's using 40-50GB, seriously?

$34  40GB  5G  better quality calls and points, win win

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think you were almost correct about Public bringing back this bf deal @ron_ron because I see 50gb for $39 at 4g speed or better still 50gb for $40 at 5g with unlimited data in my phone account to change to which are really good prices for those wanting tons of data.

Bercor
  1. Is there a huge difference for speed between 4 g and 5g?

kennygillis

yes i grabbed it then cancled it because when i checked out my up coming bill it did not show it was unlimited data at reduced speed on my phone

mrsblondee

@O4Ever Good thinking to take a screenshot. I didn't think to do that! 

ron_ron

I know... I have a feeling they will add the plan back this week and call it "Cyberweek Promotion" with 50GB @ 4G speed. Or if they see the petition on the other thread, maybe they will change it to 5G. It's all depending on the community...

O4Ever

@ron_ron You really made my day 🤣🤣🤣

But you know what is beautiful with tech today?! Everything is being recorded. I mean...Everything so the small prints won't lie this time! 

1000032295.jpg

ron_ron

I suspect PM is trying to justify this plan as Koodo is offering the same plan as well.

Staff: Boss, we need to match the other competitors.

Boss: OK, let's do it.

Staff: On it!

Boss: Wait! Take it offline

Staff: Why?

Boss: I meant to say OK to $34 with 4G 50GB.

mrsblondee

@O4Ever I agree. I switched to PM because I thought they were more customer-friendly when it came to their plans/offerings. Super disappointed.

O4Ever

Absolutely! This should be the right thing to do since so many people are switching in order to get the best discount. I really thought Public Mobile (alias Telus) didn't hsve those dubious practices you find on other networks but I was definitely wrong I guess...

mrsblondee

@O4Ever They seem to be messing with us now. I hope they deactivated it in order to work on the offering and make it available to everyone.

O4Ever

Seems like they deactivated the link... Is that fair?! 

O4Ever

Thanks for this request, just switched a few hours ago from Videotron to learn that they already took away the landing page to the plan. Is it legal since they clearly mentioned it was a Cyber Monday deal?

HI @mrsblondee 

of course I don't want to see you go, but you can still get the good deals out there (of course, you will loss your current plan $ with PM)

mrsblondee

@hTideGnow  Just joined yesterday...switched from Fido. Porting still a mess >.<

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mrsblondee 

did you just joined PM couple days ago? which provider you switch from?

mrsblondee

Thanks for sharing @ron_ron. I can't believe they actually won't offer this new promotional plan to existing subscribers. I only signed up yesterday (after encountering so many issues since Friday trying to sign up). And I'm still having number porting issues (currently on hold with the porting time for a 2nd time). If I had known this is how they treat their customers I wouldn't have signed up.

ron_ron

They have it, it's just not switchable for us....

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/on/activation/plans/50GB-5Gspeed14

mrsblondee

@DennyCrane Crossing fingers they match!

@mrsblondee My guess is PM will match, eventually. But many PM customers on legacy rewards are still paying less with discounts anyway; that needs to be factored into the sticker price.

mrsblondee

@DennyCrane True but Fido and Koodo both offer $34 for 50gb (permanent pricing...subject to them not raising the cost that is).

Getting a plan with more data will help future proof for higher consumption needs later on.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I agree they should match, but keep in mind Freedom is discounted $5 for 24 months only, then the price goes up. Also there is no points system, and a terrible network. Yes they have extended network now, but I'm assuming there's still the issue of handoff when transferring between native and partner networks.

Finally, are you guys actually using anywhere near 40GB a month, let alone 50GB? Serious question.

mrsblondee

@sarah3339 Thank you for your support!

Need Help? Let's chat.