cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not impressed with new points system being forced on us

Bredawn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
  • @CS_Agent I am very unimpressed with Public Mobile's decision to go back on the promise made to their customers. When Public Points was introduced, existing customers were told we could remain on the legacy rewards system as long as we remained with PM. The new points will cause a significant increase on my bill and I am planning to join the host of other customers who have brought this issue to the CCTS.
6 REPLIES 6

@Addbo 

When I signed up in 2017, I wasn't promised anything other than 30 days of cell service with texting and some data...that's it. I don't recall seeing where anyone promised Rewards would go on for me forever. Let's face it..when PM intro'd Points for new customers...we all knew what was coming...eventually. Is it fair...no. I agree that complaints must and will be initiated..I hope PM turns this latest debacle around. I'm suggesting that rather than bail out now...wait to see what happens. In the worst case and Points are the rule...well...where are you going to go that's better than PM right now. Hope things change in the telecom world...but I can't see anything changing for the foreseeable.

Addbo

While that might be true that isn't what we with the legacy rewards signed up for or were promised... it's basically accepting the en**bleep**ification of our services and making excuses for a multi-billion dollar corporation. Canada having one of the costliest mobile phone markets is because of the oligopoly of the incumbents and if we don't at least put up some sort of complaint when it happens we will just always get screwed.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Bredawn 

you might disagree with me as others do but...I think PM is still decent value for what you get. It def won't be as good as it was with Rewards...but it's as good as any of the other 3rd tier providers. Some Points is better than no benefit.

Addbo

I have sent a message to CS_Agent formally filing a complaint as required before submitting a complaint to CCTS

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/information-we-need-to-help-you/

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Bredawn 

i guess we all don't like it.  We all loss $2 autopay and most of use loss $3 to $5 for loyalty. But look like nothing much we can do.   

Need Help? Let's chat.