cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it just me or does it seem like most respondents on here are biased toward Public Mobile.

allagelman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Especially when referencing other cell carriers.

58 REPLIES 58

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korth wrote:

@allagelman wrote:

I've been screwed by every cell company except Freedom. If Rogers gets Freedom who won't screw me now?

It will take a few years for Rogers to fully absorb Shaw/Freedom, integrate them into a unified corporate-wide accounting structure, merge and streamline all their retail channels, etc.

Until then, they will likely keep Freedom "intact" and let it operate as-is. Partly to audit how/where it might be "optimized", partly to disturb a successful operation as little as possible - indeed, if Freedom doesn't get lobotomized or sabotaged then it would remain a valuable re-sellable asset.

If anything, fake-Freedom customers might enjoy better services or lower rates, since Rogers can (in theory) allocate nation-wide Rogers network resources without charging additional operator overheads. Rogers network isn't as mighty as the others combined but it is larger and faster overall than any single one of them. And Rogers seems to be the carrier which most foreign/travel calling plans prefer when in Canada, alas.

Though by the time that happens, I'll aggregate another three years worth of Loyalty Reward on every bill. Plus perhaps (likely) some more gifts. While paying single-digit $ phone bills for a plan which costs $$ anywhere else. There's my bias.

Agree.  I was with Mobilicity at the time Rogers and Telus were interested in acquiring Mobilicity.   The main reason for Rogers to keep Mobilicity as a separate company for a while is for the tax loss from Mobilicity to lower the Rogers' taxable income.  After the tax loss from Mobilicity is reduced zero, Rogers moved the Mobilicity subscribers to Chatr.  With the $10/m credit with autopay for 10 months, I stayed with Chatr for 10 months and switched to Zoomer. 

If Rogers is not forced to sell Wind/Freedom, Rogers may do the same thing to keep Freedom for tax loss.  But Shaw may have used all the tax loss from Wind already.  Anyway, it will take a while to merge Shaw/freedom operation into Rogers.

eduardfitingof
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@rossputin 

🎆

rossputin

@eduardfitingof 

Read my message again slowly. I did not call you childish. I only referenced childish behaviour.

I actually knew you were going to try and make such a distinction.  Such a distinction doesn't matter.  It was rude/insulting.

No harm intended.

The perhaps choose language with a little more care.

It's eight minutes into the new year and we're arguing 🤣

allagelman

@rossputin  👍

eduardfitingof

@rossputin 

Read my message again slowly. I did not call you childish. I only referenced childish behaviour.

Please don't take any of this personal. I want all members to leave this topic with a positive learning experience. Hope this smooths things over with you @rossputin .

No harm intended. Take care🙂

rossputin

@allagelman 

No one here intends to disrespect you. However, I feel like you intended it otherwise there would be no problem.

That is clearly untrue as displayed by recent comments. And I respond in kind.

My original question was not disrespectful, but you took it as such and it went downhill from there.

allagelman

@rossputin 

No one here intends to disrespect you. However, I feel like you intended it otherwise there would be no problem.

rossputin

@allagelman 

The fact you saw this as fight from the beginning, which you now call 3 against 1, speaks volumes.

rossputin

Again, I would expect a bias towards the very organization hosting the forum. That is no surprise. 

As for calling me childish, @eduardfitingof so much for the respect you proclaimed we're all entitled to.

Regarding your comments to not engage, you too have chosen not to exercise that option.

And you too enjoy your NY evening. 20 minutes away.

allagelman

@eduardfitingof  @softech 

Including myself its now 3 against 1. 😂

I'm happy to end this with @rossputin .

Happy New Year!

eduardfitingof

@rossputin 

Based on a negative experience its normal for a customer to perceive said company in a negative manner and question operations that involve said company. This is normal if you ever worked in customer service. I don't see a problem with OP expressing concern. What your doing just seems childish through my perspective. I took the time to read. Best I can recommend use the experience to improve on future topic discussions. If you react this way to every topic that you perceive is odd will drive you crazy. Would be better to move onto something else you feel is less "odd" to avoid heated conversations. I say this out of respect in trying to help.

Enjoy your new years celebration.

rossputin
Spoiler

Hello. I would not call this an odd question. You would be wrong

No, it was odd. I initially thought I misunderstood the question thus my request for clarification. Apparently I understood.

It's fine and dandy that we have different expectations.

This is the PM Community. Everyone is entitled to receive equal respect.

Great. We agree. Yet your tone above telling me I'm wrong and to not engage.🤔

You're welcome, @eduardfitingof  

Happy New Year!

eduardfitingof

@rossputin 

Hello. I would not call this an odd question. You would be wrong. I can see a valid point to @allagelman based on continued communication regarding this subject. If you have a problem I suggest to stop engaging when I can see @allagelman has tried to level with you. This is the PM Community. Everyone is entitled to receive equal respect.

@softech- gave a good summary which summarizes what allagelman was trying to get at.

You should no longer be confused about the subject @rossputin.

Happy New Year to you all! 

allagelman

@softech 

Very well said!!! 😊

You can say we are bias.. but you can also say we have some understand to the system and we have more patience when something goes wrong.

When Autopay fails, for those who don't know, they panic, they upset.  For us, we know it is an issue that PM  still not able to fix, we know what to do.

When people  have issue , they scream for Live Support.  For us who have been here long, we know we paid a bit less (especially after all the reward) and we understand we save a bit on our bill because PM saves a bit on call centre.

I would say , for people in the Community, we understand the goods and bads of PM.  We still here because we certainly think the goods outweighs the bads and hence we stay..

is this a bias?  Maybe?  Maybe not  🙂

rossputin

@allagelman 

Why did it take so long to agree to disagree? This type of situation can easily be avoided.

Again, because it was an odd question. I was trying to get clarification because it made no sense given the context.

allagelman

@rossputin 

Yes. That's how I see it. "Seems our expectations differed". I appreciate you taking this into account. Why did it take so long to agree to disagree? This type of situation can easily be avoided. What may work for me may not work for you and vise versa. Hope you can understand. If you don't see it that way then very unfortunate.

Happy New Year!!

rossputin

@allagelman 

Your responses prove why I brought this topic to the PM Community. I had concerns for good reasons because for majority of customers rely on The Community for accurate advice.

My response? Brought the topic to the community?.Concerns for good reasons?

It's a PM community. And a lovely community at that. Some extremely helpful members. I'm still with PM because they've correctly done the "math" for me.

Anyway, I asked for clarification in case I misunderstood you. You provided, thanks. Seems our expectations differed.

Happy New Year.

allagelman

I agree with what a lot of people said about how PM community members are more biased about Public Mobile. It makes sense obviously because I think most community members are current active customers of PM and why not support your carrier right? Why support other carriers that your not apart of. Totally understand 😂 👍 (Unless you have a family member with another carrier then maybe that could be an exception lol).

allagelman

@rossputin 

Your responses prove why I brought this topic to the PM Community. I had concerns for good reasons because for majority of customers rely on The Community for accurate advice.

I take into account when supporting a company that offers no support whatsoever except for Community assistance. The subject at least to my knowledge proves it may not work out so well depending who the respondent is.

allagelman

@rossputin 

👍

rossputin

@allagelman 

No one has said you can't ask a question.  An odd remark.  In fact no one can stop you.

But if you're going to post an odd question or statement, it's very reasonable to ask for clarification.  This is a discussion board after all.

Tbh my initial post never had a question mark.

I never correct grammar but since you brought it up.  I figured a small grammatical error, similar to the wrong "your" instead of "you're"

If you didn’t understand preferably don’t engage in the topic. 

So now you're saying if someone doesn't understand a question/statement, they can't ask for clarification? 🤔

allagelman

@darlicious 

I’m glad I was able to do that! 😃

allagelman

@rossputin 

Just because it’s a PM Community doesn’t mean your not allowed to ask questions about the community or to reference other mobile carriers. Tbh my initial post never had a question mark. If you didn’t understand preferably don’t engage in the topic. 

@allagelman 

Aw....shucks!😀 But thank you....you made my day!

rossputin

OK.  It's just a confusing question given this is a PM forum.

I wouldn't ask in a Koodo forum and wonder why there is a Koodo bias.

allagelman

@rossputin 

Your first reply to this topic you stated, “I’m not sure I understand the point”.

•The point to this topic was to address why ‘most’ respondents are generally more biased toward Public Mobile when it comes to debate about other national carriers.

Everyone gave their own fair reply to how they perceived the question.

Another general concern I have about the community is that ‘most’ respondents don’t take kindly to accepting multiple solutions. (Not applicable in every scenario).

Another concern I found interesting ‘most’ respondents won’t concur that maybe another carrier is better when it comes to ‘X’ subject. (Not applicable in every scenario).

With all the negative I almost forgot to mention the positive: The positive is that the negative points are not applicable in most topics. Most respondents are great and very helpful and friendly. For example, @darlicious is great in every way and knows what to say every time. The response is so well written each reply I’d consider an acceptable solution! 😀

Getting back to topic, CSA are only helpful for certain inquiries. Most resolutions on PM are best resolved through the Community.

It is what it is. PM is okay in my opinion but I think it could use some improvement sure but it still has a lot of great benefits and rewards that make it competitive. Idk maybe I could be over thinking it but that’s my take on it to end this discussion.

🙂

allagelman

@rossputin  Nothing wrong with the question. I can see the question concerns you but why would it; general question about the community I had. 

rossputin

@allagelman the fact you asked connotes a surprise.

allagelman

@rossputin  I never said "there wouldn't be a PM bias".

Need Help? Let's chat.