cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set different notification sound and the notification sound volume for each app

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi there, 

I have a Pixel 3 and Android 12 as the operating system.  Is there any way to set a unique notification for a specific app and adjust the volume for the notification sound for different apps?  I have Whatsapp on my phone and I find its notification sound is way too loud but if I turn down the volume, I turn down the volume for the notification for all apps and I don't want that because some apps like phones I want the volume to be louder. 

Does anybody know?  Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Zyl wrote:

Hi there, 

I have a Pixel 3 and Android 12 as the operating system.  Is there any way to set a unique notification for a specific app and adjust the volume for the notification sound for different apps?  I have Whatsapp on my phone and I find its notification sound is way too loud but if I turn down the volume, I turn down the volume for the notification for all apps and I don't want that because some apps like phones I want the volume to be louder. 

@Zyl, I found this on the google forums.

You will have to set the notification sounds for all such apps manually. To do this, long press the app icon, tap (i) on the pop-up, tap 'Notifications', tap on the text of the notification category you want to edit notification settings for, tap 'Advanced', and set the 'Sound' setting to the notification sound you want.

Thanks.  Is there any way to change the notification sound to a ringtone or an alarm besides uploading my own notification sound that plays for longer duration?  Is there any limit in duration for how long a notification sound can play for?  And also is there any way to adjust the volume so the notification sound for some apps is louder than others?  

Anybody know?  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Zyl wrote:

Hi there, 

@Zyl, I found this on the google forums.

You will have to set the notification sounds for all such apps manually. To do this, long press the app icon, tap (i) on the pop-up, tap 'Notifications', tap on the text of the notification category you want to edit notification settings for, tap 'Advanced', and set the 'Sound' setting to the notification sound you want.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Zyl 

That one is above my pay grade but I would be interested to know seeing as I have a pixel 3 as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.