cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recommendation request for my next phone, after really enjoying my Galaxy S7 Edge

kevinboese
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi folks. I've had my S7 Edge for 5 years and it's been a real workhorse for me. I've replaced a few things over the years but think it may finally be time to replace it. But if someone highly recommends I should just keep fixing it, I'm open to that too!

I think I'd like to stick with the Galaxy, and there's an S9 in the PM store. Any thoughts out there?

10 REPLIES 10

kevinboese

ah, interesting :). But I did post in the wrong place? I briefly looked to see if something showed me where I was posting, but didn't see anything. I'll look harder next time 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kevinboese : I guess you got the auto-subscribe notification. You had posted your question in one of the other categories. The "moderators" around here are what are called Oracles. Some of them are rather more over-zealous in their duties. They deemed it necessary to move this thread down to what is called The Lounge. I often speak my mind around the whole forum. It's sometimes directed to those moderators. I said something cynical about them moving this thread to here. This is a category that is of no value to the rewards (miniscule as it is). I didn't think they needed to move it to here.

So it's all just some forum history and a response thereto.

You did nothing wrong.

kevinboese

Thanks! I'm just at the beginning of my research, since my phone is currently working fine. But thanks for the recommendations! So are you saying that even the A32 would still be a decent upgrade from my S7 edge? Regarding the S9, how concerned do I need to be about upgrades/security if I haven't had any issues in that area with my S7?

no worry @kevinboese . it is not you.  They were just talking about why this thread got moved by the Oracle.  

So, what is your budget and you have a decision yet?

kevinboese

Sorry, I'm new and don't quite get your frustration? Something I did, or PM?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sigh. And people wonder why I might be cynical around here. Why was this topic moved down to here? We have the Phones & Hardware category for heavens sake.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@kevinboese 

Make certain it's a supported device for Android 12 updates here:

https://9to5google.com/2021/12/31/samsung-android-12-update-rollout/

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Not much to suggest if the desire is to stay with the Samsung lineup.  

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would suggest S21 ultra 5G, One of my friend recently bought it.

I loved the camera quality and the director's cut feature. 

Rear Camera - Resolution (Multiple)
108.0 MP + 10.0 MP + 12.0 MP + 10.0 MP with 8K UHD
Front camera 40.0 MP
12 GB RAM

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kevinboese   As itself, S9 is great.  But please note there will be no more official upgrade for S9 and likely just a year or less for security update from Samsung

If you don't mind to pay a bit more for a new phone, A52 is a decent mid-entry phone for $490

https://www.samsung.com/ca/smartphones/galaxy-a/galaxy-a52-5g-awesome-black-128gb-sm-a526wzkaxac/

It's only a mid-level phone, but it is brand new, it will get another 2 to 3 years OS updates and security update

or on a tighter budget, A32 for $300

https://www.samsung.com/ca/smartphones/galaxy-a/galaxy-a32-5g-awesome-black-64gb-sm-a326wzknxac/

Need Help? Let's chat.