cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been doing some Storming my Brain to figure out the Right Formula to this PM Points System

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Here's what I think PM needs to do to make the rewards Points more palatable, to take to the next level

If 10 Points = 1 Yr, Should be 12 Points = 1 Yr

Yr 2, 12 Points becomes 16, yr 3 becomes 20, yr 4 becomes 24, yr 5 becomes 28

Like inflation

Also, 5% on every $1 spent

Perhaps, yr 1, 5%,  Yr 2, 10%,  Yr 3, 15%,  Yr 4, 20%,  Yr 5, 25%,  Yr 6, 30%

Tune-ups are key to a successfully running machine

Also, hoping the Points system offers some more perks, like the Virgin Mobile take, But start off simple, like Food, Clothe Gift Cards, Online Game pass cards

Taking the Baby steps that could pave the way to something great

Just that we need to go through the Shake-down period, not shaking the Salt or Pepper shaker of course 

10 REPLIES 10

chch518
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

now, 1 point=$1 , later 100/1000 points=$1 which is industry standard.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

There is very little in the new points program that has me wanting to switch.

It really only benefits the higher-cost plan holders and those who like to purchase add-ons (due to the slightly better cost-point ratio)

Others may feel differently - to each their own.

I'm staying put.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 , if PM were to at some point explore this, who knows, that might be the first time a Flanker Brand had boldly gone where no one, where no Flanker brand has gone before

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@makkahn28 PM isn't going to create a rewards program that costs them more than the current one.  It is already not sustainable.  One thing that people don't mention is the new points will be able to use like available funds currently are but you will also be able to enter into contests and giveaways with your points where those on the old rewards program won't be able to enter.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

What would be your take on how you'd like to see things?

PM can Only improve when PM Clients say something about it

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For me personally, I would prefer no points system, since I feel points are too complex for me to wrap my head around. I'm already a member of so many other loyalty systems (airline, credit card, etc) that I hate equally.

I would rather take meagre rewards (cash back-style, like the current system) than significantly higher rewards that are points-based.

But of course others will have their own preference in this regard.

Perhaps PM having some Greater sales every now and then

Also, Really am thinking, What if PM perhaps offering a 2x a yr on Some fascinating Upper-Mid-Range Phones for the Rewards Points, that might get ppl's attention, especially if the Point is right

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@makkahn28 wrote:

Here's what I think PM needs to do to make the rewards Points more palatable, to take to the next level

If 10 Points = 1 Yr, Should be 12 Points = 1 Yr

Yr 2, 12 Points becomes 16, yr 3 becomes 20, yr 4 becomes 24, yr 5 becomes 28

Like inflation

Also, 5% on every $1 spent

Perhaps, yr 1, 5%,  Yr 2, 10%,  Yr 3, 15%,  Yr 4, 20%,  Yr 5, 25%,  Yr 6, 30%

Tune-ups are key to a successfully running machine

Also, hoping the Points system offers some more perks, like the Virgin Mobile take, But start off simple, like Food, Clothe Gift Cards, Online Game pass cards

Taking the Baby steps that could pave the way to something great

Just that we need to go through the Shake-down period, not shaking the Salt or Pepper shaker of course 

But that's the thing.  I don't think it's ever Public Mobile's intention to make it "palatable".  I believe the new points system is one of their cost-saving endeavour really.  

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I really want to hear back, what would be your ideal Rewards take?

But, this should be fair, and take into account inflation and conditions, this could help PM foster the Right Formula

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nice work @makkahn28 !

I intend to wait and see how the points system evolves over a few months before I decide what to make of it.

Need Help? Let's chat.