cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Egregious activity

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

No further bravos need by S--S who has a 7 account cheerleading team posting bravos solely to their account; 700 and counting. Sad, really. 😢 See: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/kudos/userpage/user-id/34150/tab/users-who-kudoed/sor...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
136 REPLIES 136

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren : Not sure what the palm-face is for quoting my post... I reported all of this, softech reported, I'm sure other Oracles reported...nothing appears to be being done after over a week now since this was noticed. Seems the company doesn't care.

So everybody can just go ahead and make a bunch of useless accounts and bravo away at themselves at will...no one cares.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@J_PM this needs to be addressed.  There is a repeated pattern (see my list below) of S--S creating new accounts purely to give him/herself fake bravos in order to attempt to game the system and increase their community reward. 

• tatyani85 (120 bravos, only to S--S; active for one day; zero posts)
  • erienk21 (100 bravos, only to S--S; active for one day; zero posts)
  • LOLO2021 (100 bravos to S--S, only to S--S; active for one day; zero posts)
  • salmankhan2021 (121 bravos, only to S--S; active for one day; zero posts)
  • ealia2322 (99 bravos, only to S--S; active for one day; zero posts)
  • khlloed2022 (99 bravos to S--S with one to z10user4; active for one day; zero posts)
  • karmari3 (98 bravos, only to S--S; active for one day; zero posts)
  • lovely01 (98 bravos to S--S with one to will13am; active for one day; one post)
  • Saravip (95 bravos to S--S with one to esjliv; active for one day; zero posts)

This adds up to at least 831 bravos that are invalid.

Please address this.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@softech : He had very sporadic participation for quite some time. Then not too long ago he ramped up his activity. I guess he wants to max out the community reward. So his bolded, non-sensical, irrelevant/mis-interpreted writing gets few bravos...so he made his own.

giphy

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : He had very sporadic participation for quite some time. Then not too long ago he ramped up his activity. I guess he wants to max out the community reward. So his bolded, non-sensical, irrelevant/mis-interpreted writing gets few bravos...so he made his own.

.. I opened a ticket and complain about our Superman--Superman too.  I pushed for a reply and got one from Andu saying they will remove those high bravos, he even say they are working on the matter as we speak.

So, it's a good news, i guess.. But I checked, so far it's not done yet.. so.. Patience is the key ..keep waiting. keep hoping  🙂

softech_0-1625066215864.png

(btw, it's interesting.. he has joined for  long time.. and only decide to trigger his

superpower--superpower now.. )

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 : Right. Apparently nothing. For over a week now. So...free for all for whoever wants to cheat the bravos with other accounts. Oracles can't undo bravos unlike solutions. So have at it. 

PM has been made aware, let them look into it and wait for a reply that is all we can do.  Their site, their rules (which unfortunately means on how they want to enforce them)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : I clicked the report button...not directly to Jade_S. I'm pretty choked at the lack of results on this. And Ess dash dash Ess is still happily posting away. As if. Does he really think we're all that stupid? He clearly knows that he can do whatever he wants now though. So maybe it's all a free for all everybody. Have at it. No one cares. Certainly not the one party that should.

@Anonymous  did Jade reply your message yet?

no, Justice is not served.  Next time this week, we might be seeing the someone running away with $10 or even $15.  

I just wonder if we will see another last min. push tomorrow night before the clcok strrikes  midnight.. another 2 account for another 200 Bravos?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite : Agreed. But the second was created by the lovely and talented Tee dash dash Tee. When are we going to see some action on all these egregious users?

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@darlicious wrote:

@CannonFodder 

20190820_210505-ANIMATION.gif

Wow, let me guess.... that's a mur... er.... uhm...."herd"(substitution made for those ignorant of the correct English terminology, and therefore might take offense) of crows? 😁

CFPartDeux

@BearFBI wrote:

@CFPartDeux said "And that part in bold is, in all likelihood, the reason for the ban"

Whatever it was, Public Mobile was at fault here. I should've simple gotten a warning NOT a ban with NO explanation. And a perm ban isn't even fair for a offense like that. I even ASKED them why I got banned and I got no response. 

That seems to be common practice around here, i.e. sometimes you receive a reply, and oftentimes you don't. 👎

Poor job on the moderator/PM side 👎👎👎

Agreed - profanity being auto-substituted with the "bleep" phrase is somewhat common, BUT Mods assuming you've continued with profanity by YOU typing the "bleep" phrase yourself is pretty weak, at best. 🙄

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious said "The ban experienced by @BearFBI was admist the investigation last year.....after it was concluded pm came up with a new protocol to deal with this kind of thing that no longer considers the member guilty and punished before they can prove their innocence. It looks like they are following that policy in this current case."

Hallelujah, at least I changed something around here for good lol. 

Wouldn't been possible without darlicuous, you helped me big time ! I can't remember the Oracles name that helped me too, but I remember one of the Oracles helped me forward a message to the PM team. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@esjliv : nuclear simply means going to the extent of hittin' the nukes to quell a problem. I guess it's an older saying. I had also used the term scorched earth in a similar fashion.

There was also a zblackma who was gblackma's mother.

@Anonymous 

Oh, I see...I thought a 'nuclear' post was banned or something for it being so explosive that it  sent ripples through all the Community, and I was sorry i missed it ! 🤣

I understand now. 

Ah HA, right, I do remember a zblackma as well. 👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv : nuclear simply means going to the extent of hittin' the nukes to quell a problem. I guess it's an older saying. I had also used the term scorched earth in a similar fashion.

There was also a zblackma who was gblackma's mother.

What. The. Heck (this is smut-filter safe right?)

Ok, truth be told,  a member did PM me days or a week ago about someone specifically active in the Community and directed  me to @Luddite's post in the Lounge. I was a bit surprised, but read it was reported to PM, so all good then right?

Would this be considered "Community Fraud"....okay,  when is Jade_S going to post an announcement. 😉

I rarely visit the Lounge; no one is serving me drinks here, so I don't hang out too much. 🙃

If must be difficult for PM to monitor or prove this activity (at least without spending significantly extra time, which, in the end, equals $s).

My feeling is, rewards should be heavier based on Solutions rather than bravos anyway. Solution thieving would be more difficult to accomplish since we have the watchful eyes of our Oracles. Bravoing can play a partial role, of course, but not to the extent they are given today. Too easy to beef up some undeserving rewards. 

@Anonymous ..."nuclear" ? I want to know more.

@BearFBI ...awe that's  how it all went down, with your troubles!!!

And, Honestly, I did think gblackma and gwhitema were related or knew each other in life, or same manager of accounts, etc. I didn't  realize gwhitema was you. LOL 

BearFBI

@CFPartDeux said "And that part in bold is, in all likelihood, the reason for the ban"

Whatever it was, Public Mobile was at fault here. I should've simple gotten a warning NOT a ban with NO explanation. And a perm ban isn't even fair for a offense like that. I even ASKED them why I got banned and I got no response. 

Poor job on the moderator/PM side 👎👎👎

My record is permanently damaged now for something that wasn't even fair. 

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

Last year there was a targeted campaign to get certain members permanently banned. It was successful when it came to @CannonFodder 

C'mon now, you know better than that!!! 😜 So was that post just to prod(cattle prod, perhaps? 😉) me to reply!?

CFPartDeux

@BearFBI wrote:

@softech said "so, they ever banned Community account? what did you do so bad that you got banned"

Honestly I don't even know. I was left in limbo for weeks surviving off my @gwhitema account talking to other members trying to figure out what happened. 

I'll tell you the story...

It started when I posted about a bad experience at a walmart location. I said some profanity that triggered the smut filter. After I posted it I quickly edited the profanity out of my post. That didn't work and the post disappeared. Silly me thought the fourm was bugged so I posted it at least 4 times without the profanity but I added the words "**bleep**"

Moderators got notified and I got a reply from a moderator willing to sort out the bad experience I had. Shortly after, I got a reply from 5 other moderators asking that I don't use profanity. 10 minutes later I'm banned from my account for absolutely no reason, not even a time limit. 

And that part in bold is, in all likelihood, the reason for the ban, i.e. to the Mods, it APPEARED as though you continued using profanity, because the system's filter automatically substitutes the profanity with the "bleep" phrase..... thought we discussed this before..... @darlicious  can attest to using some "bleeps" that caused much uproar  with the Mods. 🙄

@softech 

The ban experienced by @BearFBI was admist the investigation last year.....after it was concluded pm came up with a new protocol to deal with this kind of thing that no longer considers the member guilty and punished before they can prove their innocence. It looks like they are following that policy in this current case. At the moment we have to give the benefit of the doubt as we should until the investigation is concluded. Hard as that might be.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BearFBI : Yeah the cross-communication between MODs and between them and PM is quite astonishing.

BearFBI

@softech said "so, they ever banned Community account? what did you do so bad that you got banned"

Honestly I don't even know. I was left in limbo for weeks surviving off my @gwhitema account talking to other members trying to figure out what happened. 

I'll tell you the story...

It started when I posted about a bad experience at a walmart location. I said some profanity that triggered the smut filter. After I posted it I quickly edited the profanity out of my post. That didn't work and the post disappeared. Silly me thought the fourm was bugged so I posted it at least 4 times without the profanity but I added the words "**bleep**"

Moderators got notified and I got a reply from a moderator willing to sort out the bad experience I had. Shortly after, I got a reply from 5 other moderators asking that I don't use profanity. 10 minutes later I'm banned from my account for absolutely no reason, not even a time limit.

I tried sending a ticket to Catherine and the moderators, got no response. 

Weeks after I decided to start fresh and thats the day when Catherine messaged me and said it was a "miscommunication amoung the moderator team"

In the end. I got banned for such an unfair reason, I only sweared ONCE and got banned without even a warning. It might have been a combination of the smut filter and the spam filter and the fact that all the moderators have no coordination. 

Oh and this was funny. When I got my account back I had a reply from the moderator willing to help asking me if I abandoned the ticket, she didn't even know I was banned. 

agree.. if the huge number of Bravos are in question, PM should removed without much investigation.     There is really not much to investigate as to those Bravos are legitimate or not.  The only investigation is whether Superman--Superman was behind all these.

If  Superman--Superman is indeed a victim, someone spent so much effrot to create 9 accounts and clicked 900 times just to embarrassed him or try to drag him into a Fraud situation, come out and  say something loud, openly say he wants to have those  Bravos removed.    We will all believe he is "innocent" then

@softech 

Tagging another member when it is unwanted could be interpreted as harassment. But there is a duty to inform a member that there is an issue. Once that is done one should refrain.

Personally I would only want bravos I know I have earned. Trust me I work hard to earn them and harder still to earn solutions.....just ask @AE_Collector. We celebrate every one of his solutions!😃 If I was in the same position I would simply asked for the bravos in question to be removed and have the moderators message the new member accounts to refrain from bravoing me in the future. Problem solved. But that's just me.

Preposterous as it seems given what happened last year this could be a case of clever harassment as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : I got a formal complaint too. That's why I went full nuclear reporting the whole thing with all usernames concerned. If it is _that user_ then they can go do things to themselves. Do they really think we all can't see through their game? Letter dash dash letter one letter after the other in the English alphabet. Gimme a break. Still...where is the response?

Hey @darlicious : I also remember a carld or something that got quite harassed. Not sure if they ever became someone else.

ok.. have to remove the @ tag to the member... i got warned,

I am lost .. who's the victim?? 

softech_0-1624905849600.png

softech_3-1624905723143.png

I encouraged him to come here and say something but he refused.. 

Given what @darlicious  said how PM brings down the punishment, maybe I am in a more dangerous position now..    🤔😥

@softech 

Last year there was a targeted campaign to get certain members permanently banned. It was successful when it came to @CannonFodder  and very nearly successful with both of my accounts and @CFPartDeux  having served 12 hour, 24 hour and 48 hour bans. Had I not insisted upon an investigation by pm I am certain a few others would have suffered through this unnecessary stress and hurt caused by another member of the community.

Unfortunately pm's punishments rarely fit the crime of the guilty party however they often come down harshly on the innocent.

oh.. @gblackma  and @gwhitema , twins like "u--u"  and @T--T  (hahaha)

so, they ever banned Community account? what did you do so bad that you got banned

BearFBI

"Um...because you changed your username. 🙂"

No I remember now ! I accepted my fate that my community account was banned forever, and decided to continue on with fresh proper one. After I posted that I was back I got a message from catherine and got this account back. CrowFBI has been long abandoned.

@gwhitema was used when I got locked out after I changed my username and when I got banned. I didn't want to use it as a permanent replacement because the name was a joke lol. 

Need Help? Let's chat.