cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dot mobile?

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I hope this is the place to ask this in the new arrangement... Has anyone heard anything newer regarding them starting up? Looking to use them as a second number, been keeping an eye off and on but been distracted by real life stress the past while. I've been signed up since the trial "first X numbers are free" stage, but as far as I can tell they still don't have an android app back? 

Are they totally a lost cause at this point?

Just wondering more in detail what's been up from anyone following more closely lately 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

So basically, they're still just stuck? That was it as far as I could tell also, I just didn't know if anyone had come across anything else I missed... I did happen to check for the android app as well again recently (I've had to factory reset since I had the app) but it's still missing from the play store I noticed. Seemed like an awfully long time to be working out a bug or whatever. But I can still sign in... Very interesting

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 

A big proponent of dot mobile is @BearFBI . He will be able to fill you in on the latest from them. I signed up in their original push for 10,000 subscribers but have not recieved an email from them in quite awhile. The big three's influence over the CRTC has stymied their MVNO efforts in this country. 

Edit:

Here's the content of their last email recieved.....June 30th 2021.

It's going to take longer to launch our service

The dust has settled on the CRTC's decision on MVNOs, and it's clear that the path to launching our affordable and awesome wireless service in Canada will take even longer than expected.

The CRTC effectively blocked all paths to affordable wireless and home internet in Canada. Instead, they took the side of big telecoms while throwing a small bone to Videotron and Shaw. Sadly, that small bone is already buried. Rogers is buying Shaw, and Videotron has publicly said they don't want to bring their service outside of Quebec.

We filed an appeal to the cabinet, asking for them to vary the CRTC decision because it does not align with their 2019 policy direction. Others have followed us, submitting their own appeals and launching campaigns to ask the government to step in and course-correct these disastrous decisions made by the CRTC chairman.

The process will take time, but we're not sitting on our hands and have been busy building things and creating new partnerships.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

I had signed up, installed their app, and eventually uninstalled it since there was no progress expected in a long time...

Checking today, according to a blog post from Sep 24, 2021 they removed the android app for undisclosed reasons:

https://dotmobile.app/posts

Anyhow - it appears I can still login to their website with my previously created account credentials, and I see they were supposedly planning a beta in "Late 2021" but not much else to see there as expected.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I signed up with dot as well.  They have high aspirations but no real chance.  Until there is legislation to have MVNOs, it will be the same old, same old going forward.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Pawprints1986   they had an android app, I think.  I signed up for the free SIM at least 6 months ago.. didn't get anything still

Need Help? Let's chat.