cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a lower cost mobile plan with benefits anywhere else?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I can not find a lower priced mobile plan with bonus points from any other provider in Canada. If anyone knows of a lower priced plan, I ask that you please let us know from what company. Should one know of a better plan then the obvious follow up question would be --- why are you still with PM?

Give a mouse a cookie and then he's going to ask for a glass of milk and then a straw. Come on now people, we're all nit picking for only a few pennies lost over many months and some even calculate and panic over the loss over years. There is no better cell plan deal than what PM is offering and we are enjoying. And the icing on the cake is that, although not obligated, PM is also offering us rewards being in points or cash credits. 

20 REPLIES 20

@BEER wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

If there is I would like to know. I keep losing referrals and PM continues to neglect letting us know what number we have lost. That is enough to make me to leave. 

Freedom/Shaw $99/ year --$8.25/month -----Why are you still here posting? 

@BEER 

????????

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

Some people advertise on Craigslist or kijiji but it depends on how much it's worth to someone and the value on the account and the happy medium between the two and if you still benefit from the referral reward.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BEER

@softech wrote:

@BEER wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

If there is I would like to know. I keep losing referrals and PM continues to neglect letting us know what number we have lost. That is enough to make me to leave. 

Still not cheaper than my free service here  🙂

No one can beat that! 

sponge-bob.jpg

@BEER wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Still not cheaper than my free service here  🙂

BEER

@darlicious wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

Well that's a bummer....too bad you couldn't take over the rewards worthy accounts and resell them.

I still have one $10 rewards plan with loads of data and free voice minutes - how can I re-sell and for how much?

@darlicious wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

Well that's a bummer....too bad you couldn't take over the rewards worthy accounts and resell them.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

😀

BEER

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CountyDownIeUk 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@JL9 

The data on that plan is also not nationwide.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

Shaw's talk+text is free. But I refuse to give Shaw any of my money so my home services are with telus until the end of April.....if my phone bill goes up by $3 then my home services drop to $9.95 because I will cancel everything but my internet. It goes both ways with me.....

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah it looks like they have the 99 plan where you can add on data and a 19 month prepaid plan with unlimited talk and text and 1.5 GB + right now for. A limited time if you do the prepaid you can get a one time 10 GB bonus for free.. While somewhat attractive.. Meh can't bother with the switch and all the question marks 

BEER

@darlicious wrote:

@BEER 

Depending on your need for coverage then if you already have Shaw home services then free is hard to beat unless you work for it at pm. So there are compelling reasons to say they can at least compare to pm.

Freedom Mobile's network falls behind the likes of Bell, TELUS, and Rogers.

You need to compare the total cost - I have Bell Fibe service that include Internet, Home phone, TV Chanels but no mobile plan. They are constantly offering me free mobile promo for a few months if I upgrade to a higher priced package ------ sooooo even though they say it free mobile service ---- it's not really free.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BEER 

Depending on your need for coverage then if you already have Shaw home services then free is hard to beat unless you work for it at pm. So there are compelling reasons to say they can at least compare to pm.

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

JL9
Mayor / Maire

@softech yeah I've heard the same but I don't think it would be enough for me to roll the dice with them 

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BEER  No bonuses but $10/month for 250 mb data at Fongo wireless. Only data plans but combined with Fongo app on wifi you're covered for calling and sms. 

@JL9   network coverage is the problem, but some Freedom users said it is a lot better now

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I'll have to take a look at that sounds like there may be some catches..also don't trust their network or the uncertainty with ownership lol

BEER

@softech wrote:

I think Freedom have a promotion of $99 for a year now .. check there

No, no one else have rewards like us.  Fido has perks.. I think Virgin has perks too

Freedom's promo $99/12 month plan is only good for 12 months.

Let's compare them to PM Lowes $15 plan - 

• 100 minutes Canada-wide minutes
  • +BONUS 250 MB  with AutoPay
  • Unlimited Incoming Calls
  • Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging

Do any of the others include "unlimited texting" , "Data", etc.?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I think Freedom have a promotion of $99 for a year now .. check there

No, no one else have rewards like us.  Fido has perks.. I think Virgin has perks too

Need Help? Let's chat.