cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell service in europe

JJ57
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ll be travelling to Malta and Sicily wanted to bring my cell phone. PM don’t have plans for Europe any suggestions

5 REPLIES 5

canuckyyc

For overseas travel, I've always just purchased a local sim card. Usually packaged with unlimited calls and 10-20-30GB data.  If you need to or can, maybe setup google voice to do calls back and forth. For AB, there used to be a workaround to get a GV number for 403 area codes. But get a US one and most Canadian plans have free or cheap US calling and they can call the GV number and you can call and answer from anywhere in the world.

Frequent_flyer

Haven't read down the entire thread, so forgive me if this is a repeat.

You can get a sim in the EU that works in all the countries in the EU. It's not too expensive (depends on what you are looking for). The plans come with a ton of calls and data. I don't even bother with any N.Am carrier's roaming plans (much more expensive).

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

EDIT. I see why it was moved. We both suggested the same thing. LOL. Man I need sleep.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile only works in Canada and the United States (with the purchase of roaming add on). You can not use your Public Mobile in any other country. If you wish to use cellular services while you’re in another country, you can look at https://www.airalo.com/ for affordable data plans and then download an app like Fongo and pick a local number to where you currently live. They do however charge for texting. TextNow is free calling and texting. You can use both of these VOIP programs via WiFi or on a data only SIM card.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @JJ57 

yes, PM has no roaming service in Europe

If your phone supports, travel eSIM is the best and cheapest.  Airalo is a good choice

If your phone does not take eSIM, buy one of those travel sim cards from Amazon.  I used "Three network" between, it is a great

Need Help? Let's chat.