cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad credit

Raquelita2021
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, i am a customer from February 2021, I have paid at time, my credit card is linked to my account. The credit score is down and they said my phone service provider has made a bad report about my historical payments, please can someone call me or contact me ASAP. This is not funny as a customer. 

Some fast  solution to this problem. Please take

action.

thanks in advance.

14 REPLIES 14

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Raquelita2021 

Public Mobile has no idea to who you even are. Nor do they really want to know who you are. Heck with Prepaid There are accounts with the name of 'Mickey Mouse, Tom & Jerry, Dennis the Mennis, Woody Woodpecker, Popeye the sailor man, Family Guy, Donald Trump, Queen Elizabeth, Justin Trudeau, etc. The reason is they are not extending any sort of Credit.  With Prepaid you pay you have service. When you don't pay you simply have no service. 

@Anonymous 

Gee I wonder who that is....?😃🥂

@Raquelita2021 

While some providers have started to report unpaid postpaid accounts mostly unpaid contracts the only providers who regularily report more than an unpaid contracts for at least the last 7 years (the statute of limitations is 6 years and one day from the last payment made of $0.01 or more) is Rogers/Fido. Start there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 : Excellent choice to move this here. No, there's no /s here.

@Raquelita2021 

This means that your old carrier reported non-payment and this isn't related to Public Mobile.   Public Mobile doesn't even offer credit.  If by some chance payments were reversed after you had used the service, your service wouldn't work.  Public Mobile doesn't have sufficient information nor did they verify your identity to be able to access your credit report.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Raquelita2021   PM is a prepaid service and they won't file those report

Any chance the credit card rep was trying to refer to your Home phone provider or Internet service provider?  Afterall, Rogers/Bell/Telus could be a provider for any of these services

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barrascuk : It's the allegedly slower method of contacting the CSA's. They will interrogate you for account verification. That list is the usual things they will ask. So the idea is to provide it up front. The proper method is to go through the chatbot. Another regular here has a whole "copy/paste" of much the same thing albeit in far better, understandable English other than the Get Help copy/paste content.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@Raquelita2021 

in here community site no one can help you just to you know all member here they are a customer like me and you we help each other what we have for information to give to other maybe sometime the getting help from other without contact customer service agent...

but you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,and Explain your issue
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

I don't understand why you continually copy and paste "over" information required. Personally I would avoid this advice as I might not able to find what is suggested or be overwhelmed by it and just move on (leave). So do you know as a fact that all this information will be asked of a customer?? I know I have NOT been asked. I have no problem going on my own "un prepared" and let them ask me what info that they need from me.  

barrascuk
Spoiler

oops

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Raquelita2021 

in here community site no one can help you just to you know all member here they are a customer like me and you we help each other what we have for information to give to other maybe sometime the getting help from other without contact customer service agent...

but you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,and Explain your issue
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

barrascuk

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Raquelita2021 wrote:

Hi, i am a customer from February 2021, I have paid at time, my credit card is linked to my account. The credit score is down and they said my phone service provider has made a bad report about my historical payments, please can someone call me or contact me ASAP. This is not funny as a customer. 

action.

thanks in advance.

PM doesn't report credit history to anyone. Perhaps a previous cell provider maybe ? With PM you pay ahead of time...if not paid, your service goes dormant until its paid or closed out after 90 days in suspension.

This response makes the most sense. Why would PM report you for non payment. PM service is prepaid and stops working if you have not topped up or if your auto pay credit card does not work due to what ever reason. Thus you would not "owe" them.  They might have reported that your payment was rejected by your credit card set up but I doubt it. That is extra work for them and once again they are not able to accept $ from you and your service will stop. 

barndoor

@Raquelita2021 wrote:

action.

thanks in advance.

Who is they ?Kind of sets your scammy senses to tingling . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Raquelita2021 : This place does not impact credit. Nor do they report. It's prepaid. If you don't pay, the service just stops. If some dispute has happened then again it just stops and they will need another form of payment to re-instate.

I would look at your previous provider that _might_ have been a postpaid provider that _does_ deal with credit.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Raquelita2021 wrote:

action.

thanks in advance.

PM doesn't report credit history to anyone. Perhaps a previous cell provider maybe ? With PM you pay ahead of time...if not paid, your service goes dormant until its paid or closed out after 90 days in suspension.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need to contact a CSA by submitting a ticket.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.