cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone reach out to CRTC or their local news outlets about their bills change cause of Rewards progr

MrPK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Everyone who has been with PM has had their bill impacted with their recent rewards program change. Wondering if anyone complained to CRTC. I am planning on doing so and also has anyone reached out to their local news outlet, as I plan to do that as well to give PM the exposure they been asking for and making them known for not being loyal to their loyal customers. Don't care if they do new rewards programs for new customers, changing things on loyal customers not a good idea. 

Please share if anyone here reached out to their local news outlet and if have link to the news that was aired on tv or online etc. thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

marcnoel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You already got loyalty rewarded through extra savings during the 28 months you were allowed to stay on Rewards.  PM could have stopped Rewards completely when they introduced Points in January 2022.

I guess one could save a ton of money by refusing to pay increased prices for anything, as long as they could do without gas, food, shelter, utilities, etc..

marcnoel

Really.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @MrPK 

you came into the part late.  This is not a "news", it has been over 3 months.  No news agency will be interested in old news like that

Also, some already got confirmation that PM has all right with the plan change.  And think about it, once business gives you some discount, they are not allowed to stop it just because you don't like paying more?  what is the logic?

marcnoel

So, just to be clear, you're going to contact news outlets to tell them that PM introduced Points 30 months ago, let existing subscribers opt to stay on Rewards, where we all got extra discounts over 28 months, then PM gave us two months' notice that we were all being switched over to Points, which still gives some discount, so we are now in line with new customers, and PM was within their rights to do it.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@MrPK  People have contacted the CCTS (note, it's not the CRTC) but not "everyone" has had their bill impacted, only customers here from before January 2022.  Also customers have been switching plans to reduce the cost, like from the $25 plan to the improved $19 plan with the same amount of data but faster speed.  Of course you're out of luck if you're on the $15 plan.

MrPK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Time to leave and shine by sharing to news outlets as they are always looking for a good story :). Will report back when I get a link to the aired news article.

Need Help? Let's chat.