Did you mean: 

50 minutes calling + unlimited texting 99 cents per week

geopublic
Mayor / Maire
76 REPLIES 76

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is great.

@geopublic  If you wanted to post your original post in discussions I would with my poor copy and paste skills move the relevant posts. Of course that would not appropriately reflect bravos.....

Geez....if any oracle cares to do it .....its easy:

1. Page 1, post 1
  2. Page 3, post I, paragraph 1. Post 2, paragraph 1. Post 5, paragraph 4.
  3. Page 7, post 4, post 5, post 6, post 7, post 8.

Done.....that took all of maybe 5 minutes.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@geopublic I never said that at all.  It is easier for a new thread to be created than to go through this thread.  That and I echo @will13am statement.

@ShawnC13  The way I was brought up was if I mess up then I cleanup my mess. My advice to you Shawn the Oracle is to get off your high horse and spend some time with the rest of us mortals.

@geopublic I never said that at all.  It is easier for a new thread to be created than to go through this thread.  That and I echo @will13am statement.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@darlicious  you are joking right?  Sorry I am not going through all this thread and weeding out the posts to make it back to another area.  After all the accusations, insults and totally uncalled for comments in this thread. If @geopublic  wants to start a new thread let that happen but what has gone on in this thread has been reported

@ShawnC13 Just out of curiosity are you ever wrong?

@darlicious wrote:

@ShawnC13  

Well I'm happy to hear it's been reported....but I'm saddened to hear that your not willing to do some editing and return the thread (at least the intended discussion) back to where it belongs. We wouldn't be here right now if you hadn't moved it originally. But going forward there shouldn't be anymore misunderstandings as to what belongs in the lounge or in discussions. Maybe @will13am  @mimmo  @Luddite  or @computergeek541  would be willing to put a little work in to do a rough edit and move the thread back to discussions. I think @geopublic  deserves it.

Sorry to disappoint you.  I am probably the last person you want to ask to do this.  I have spent more than a decade in the RFD forum and never ever have I seen such discord as in this forum over something smaller than a minutiae.  On RFD, actions taken are never reversed.  Members who sulk openly will receive further sanctions.  As much as it seems heavy handed, the system works.  Members do not question authority openly.  There are no threads created to question the forum moderators who happened to be unpaid members.  Such threads would be deleted and sanctions handed out.  Sanctions include having all posts reviewed before showing up in the forums all the way to a permanent ban.  Honestly this forum should not have so much energies spent on arguing where posts should go, inequitable thread movements, all the negativity and divisiveness, etc.  It would be nice to see Public Mobile steal a few chapters from the RFD playbook if that's what is needed to get members to be more cordial to each other.  

/rant

@ShawnC13  

Well I'm happy to hear it's been reported....but I'm saddened to hear that your not willing to do some editing and return the thread (at least the intended discussion) back to where it belongs. We wouldn't be here right now if you hadn't moved it originally. But going forward there shouldn't be anymore misunderstandings as to what belongs in the lounge or in discussions. Maybe @will13am  @mimmo  @Luddite  or @computergeek541  would be willing to put a little work in to do a rough edit and move the thread back to discussions. I think @geopublic  deserves it.

@darlicious  you are joking right?  Sorry I am not going through all this thread and weeding out the posts to make it back to another area.  After all the accusations, insults and totally uncalled for comments in this thread. If @geopublic  wants to start a new thread let that happen but what has gone on in this thread has been reported

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@geopublic

I do believe @Tiana_V  has also answered the question debated in this thread of where a discussion about mobile plan offerings for the north belongs in the community boards. It's not here in the lounge. You can review the solution to : Defining a legitimate discussion in the Discussions board. Where this one rightfully belongs.

@Korth  @AE_Collector  @will13am @mimmo @Jb456  @iPhoneUser  I think if there us any further questions about what should be in the lounge and /or discussions its been answered in my thread (highlighted above) by the powers that be at public mobile who are open to further clarification if necessary. I will ask @ShawnC13  to formerly move this thread back to discussions for @geopublic  benefit as thats where he intended and correctly chose for it to be posted. Some editing may be warranted for the loungy off topic posts to stay here and perhaps the discussion on its appropriateness can be its own thread in discussions as well. I will leave that up to the oracles in their great wisdom to decide among themselves.

I hope going forward the community can come to a consensus now on where phone related and non phone related posts and threads belong that are not public mobile service solution based.

As long as you agree with my request @geopublic  I would like to ask @ShawnC13  to return your post/thread to the Discussions category.

@Korth 

With the onset of global warming those polar bears are hungry. Maybe if the big three didn't make those antennas so dang tasty they wouldn't have this problem. Ice wireless has become an industry leader in making their equipment repel hungry polar bears.

Canada's Big Three+ telecoms (speaking through CWTA, CRTC, and various other corporate-goverment organs) keep attempting to justify Canada's outrageous cellular prices by pointing out that Canada is a large, cold, harsh, jagged, winter wasteland full of "special challenges" which make their network hardware more expensive to install and operate. And things like apocalyptic blizzards, mountain yetis, or antenna-eating polar bears do impose added costs, it's true.

So the Big Three argument is quite true.

In the cold remote parts of Canada where Ice Wireless operates (and offers a whole slew of low-cost plans).

Which are also the same cold remote parts of Canada where Telus/Bell/Rogers/Shaw and their subsidiaries all do not operate (yet still insist on offering inflated-cost plans).

@Korth @geopublic @AE_Collector 

So it seems to me that Ice Wireless is a great option (indeed, it's basically the only option) if you need cellular within one of their coverage zones scattered across the uppermost half of the Great White North. But not a great option for all the rest of Canada.

As @Korth states....this should put to rest the argument of providing a link to public mobiles competitors. Ice wireless is providing a much needed service in the north. By providing a weekly service it's a good option to use in addition to public mobile when travelling or working on contract or in camp job sites especially if using a dual sim phone.

Can't recall the details but TELUS was in a battle with them awhile back. I think they had relatively good roaming prices with TELUS and others based on them having their own network in their area but they didn't at the time, they were operating strictly as a reseller which was against the rules with the roaming rates they had. Something like that....

AE_Collector

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@geopublic wrote:

Not bad from up North coming soon.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/02/14/ice-wireless-weekly-prepaid-plans-0-99/

Steering back on topic...

This proposed Ice Wireless plan is quite compelling. And their existing plans are also quite good.

But they come with significant caveats:

- Ice Wireless network coverage is exceedingly sparse and distributed. A total of 11 cell towers servicing Whitehorse, Norman Wells, Inuvik, Husky Lakes (northside), Hay River, Yellowknife, Behchoko, Iqaluit, and some surrounding regions (within limits of 850Mhz signal range, where not blocked by terrain or other local conditions).

- Anything outside of the Ice Wireless network is roaming. Coverage across all the rest of Canada, plus some of their higher-cost (still cheap) plans provide extended coverage to USA and Mexico. Roaming charges are $0.25/minute, $0.25/text (outside Canada), and $0.04/MB (3G only).

- Prepaid plans have flat limits (no add-ons available for more minutes, more data, roaming, or long distance). Postpaid plans apply overage charges (identical prices to the roaming charges), in addition to the roaming charges, if applicable.

So it seems to me that Ice Wireless is a great option (indeed, it's basically the only option) if you need cellular within one of their coverage zones scattered across the uppermost half of the Great White North. But not a great option for all the rest of Canada.

@darlicious wrote:

@AE_Collector  You know I love the kitty cats....not cat fights. Meow!

I am going to call you out for making a false statement here.  Smiley Very Happy

@AE_Collector  You know I love the kitty cats....not cat fights. Meow!

My first picture in this topic wasn't an animal though so I've cleaned up my act and got back On Topic.   AE_Collector

F6E7A517-7E1E-4944-A23B-80C668AC1C6D.jpeg

@AE_Collector @CannonFodder @vexter

Hmmmm.....i could invite you to the bummer tent to commiserate it's much deeper in the abyss. My mentioning of posts being moved to the lounge was first posted by me way back on September 10th. Barely 3 weeks into my foray on the community. My argument remains the same....the discussions category/board should include what it states by public mobile a category created for phone related topics that don't fit into any other category.

That is what @geopublic intended when starting this thread was a discussion on a phone related topic and how it may or may not pertain to public mobile who is not really a competitor at this time with ICE. Telus, Bell and Rogers and their subsiduaries are all competitors with public mobile simply by region alone. They may all be discussed in the discussions category as long as no one questions the validity of the topic and tags an oracle who alone gets to decide if its valid topic or not. Kind of like going on trial in china if you ask me....oh wait but here you don't get the benefit of a show trial. Here your post is quietly slipped behind the scenes where only the most curious of prying eyes will search for it.

Now that this thread has been hijacked by all kinds of animals I let this one have the last word.Screenshot_20200216-133705_Chrome.jpg

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@iPhoneUser wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@iPhoneUser  what is your concern about assigning solutions?   Have you seen an oracle assign a solution incorrectly? We have unmarked selfsolutuons when warranted. We have marked solutions to the first best answer from old threads to give credit to the poster when the op has faild to?

Some posts are informational and there is no formal solution. 

A solution should be assigned by the OP and the OP only. 

I did a post and before all discussions were finished an Oracle assigned a solution and that is rude and wrong. 

Abandoned posts with an Oracle assigned solution may be incorrect  as the Oracle is not well enough versed in the subject. 

An old post that someone starts and then months later some one refers to it, as they have the same issue, the first thing they should do is click the solution. Right? No it is the wrong solution! Assigned by someone who was not competent on the subject. I have seen it many times. Assignment of an incorrect solution weakens the structure and validity of the Community. 

Sorry  to say some Oracles here, but not all, think too highly of themselves and that needs to be fixed. 

@iPhoneUser it was me who asked what your concerns were not @ShawnC13 

Yes some posts are informative and I have  seen Oracle's fight with the original poster to unsolution the self solution.  I don't think an oracle will have assigned a solution to an informative post.  Please prove me wrong.

Should abandoned posts be left without a solution?personally  many of the issues are common as such picking the answer is pretty straighforward, if not  I leave it.

You have seen an incorrect solution manytimes and assigned by an oracle? Please substantiate this with examples.

As for solutions mid discussion,  i have done it accedently as mark as solution is right next to reply button. When I have I have immediately unmarked it.

Again please show me where oracle assigned solutions are so incorrect, to invalidate the community.  Personally I think much of the off topic discussions , people answering without reading ,posting the same thing hours later, and filler posts are invalidating the community.

Maybe we should focus on the purpose of the community helping other users rather than conspiracy theories.

If you have an issue with Oracle's please private message them and try to fix your issues or send a message to whom you feel can best address your concerns.  But please don't  accuse without substance.  

With several topics having portions moved to the Lounge, in part this is why @darlicious has been making comments in the last few weeks about what does and does not get moved there.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

@vexter 

Too much "Blathering Away in the Lounge" and not enough Reading I guess? It has been no secret here for a long time that anything "Done in the Lounge Stays in the Lounge". And no credits for anything there.

LOL, well, I guess I've done too much "blathering" too, because until @ShawnC13  pointed it out recently, in the "dark abyss" thread, I didn't realize bravos down here didn't count for anything(other than an "atta boy" pat on the back) either.

@mimmo wrote:

@iPhoneUser  what is your concern about assigning solutions?   Have you seen an oracle assign a solution incorrectly? We have unmarked selfsolutuons when warranted. We have marked solutions to the first best answer from old threads to give credit to the poster when the op has faild to?

Personally, I like that someone is combing through and assigning solutions to some threads. I don't recall if I've been the recipient of any of those late solutions or not, but I HAVE noticed that @Luddite  has been going through a bunch of older threads and assigning solutions where the OP never did, and although it MIGHT have happened, I haven't noticed that any were incorrectly assigned. Obviously, it's still a subjective call, but the ones I've seen looked fine to me. 👍 

@vexter 

Too much "Blathering Away in the Lounge" and not enough Reading I guess? It has been no secret here for a long time that anything "Done in the Lounge Stays in the Lounge". And no credits for anything there.

AE_Collector

vexter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Jb456 wrote:

@vexter  see thread below posted by Public Mobiles Alan K. It says it on his post.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/The-Lounge-for-everything-not-related-t...

Silly me I was reading the rules. Not the posts. Thanks

@vexter  see thread below posted by Public Mobiles Alan K. It says it on his post.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/The-Lounge-for-everything-not-related-t...

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@iPhoneUser wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@iPhoneUser wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

I did a post and before all discussions were finished an Oracle assigned a solution and that is rude and wrong. 

Abandoned posts with an Oracle assigned solution may be incorrect  as the Oracle is not well enough versed in the subject. 

An old post that someone starts and then months later some one refers to it, as they have the same issue, the first thing they should do is click the solution. Right? No it is the wrong solution! Assigned by someone who was not competent on the subject. I have seen it many times. Assignment of an incorrect solution weakens the structure and validity of the Community. 

Sorry  to say some Oracles here, but not all, think too highly of themselves and that needs to be fixed. 

I am sure most have noticed but recently PM has assigned a MOD to forum cleanup and they have been going back to 2016 and assigning solutions to threads.  Most of those are their own post.  In that post the method they mention some of the time was not even available when the Original thread was created.

To be honest you asked, I thoroughly responded, and you provide an incomplete half assed response. Thanks for wasting my time. 

@iPhoneUser  I asked what?  I believe it was @mimmo  who had asked

@iPhoneUser , you call me incompetent, providing incomplete half-assed responses and wasting your time.  You couldn't even follow the conversation as to who asked the question.  All I brought to that discussion was that there is a moderator who is currently putting solutions to older threads as I wasn't sure if that is what you were referring to.

@iPhoneUser wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@iPhoneUser Yes you are right I could have been clearer there.  PM competes directly with other 3rd tier providers.  While every company competes for every customer, not every customer is interested in the services offered by every provider.  I am not speaking for Telus but I would think that they would rather have a customer go to PM or Kodoo than other providers.  As my post that was quoted here from 4 years ago was showing that the customer service model here was working better it was in response to what was going on in the community at the time.  I am not sure if Telus has any type of community like this for their services but it would be interesting if they did to see what would happen if a post about PM was posted there.

Well that shows how incompetent you are. 

Why because I don't know if Telus has a community like this?  I use the community of the service I have with them that is PM not the parent company.

vexter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Jb456 wrote:

@vexter wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@@

"And......Discussion section counts towards them where the Lounge does not..." 

What do you mean?  Have I been blathering away in the Lounge section for no good reason? I thought the Lounge was for people like me who barely know which side of a cell phone is up, to earn a few points without spreading our ignorance around the tech section. Was I wrong?

@vexter   anything in "The Lounge" does not count towards community rewards. 

Where does it say that?  Its not that I doubt your expertise. But I thought I had read the rules sort of carefully.  And the yellow sign on top of the Lounge sign says "You can earn bla blah blah."  You are saying I can't earn money off? Rewards? 

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@iPhoneUser Yes you are right I could have been clearer there.  PM competes directly with other 3rd tier providers.  While every company competes for every customer, not every customer is interested in the services offered by every provider.  I am not speaking for Telus but I would think that they would rather have a customer go to PM or Kodoo than other providers.  As my post that was quoted here from 4 years ago was showing that the customer service model here was working better it was in response to what was going on in the community at the time.  I am not sure if Telus has any type of community like this for their services but it would be interesting if they did to see what would happen if a post about PM was posted there.

Well that shows how incompetent you are. 

@iPhoneUser wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@iPhoneUser wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

I am sure most have noticed but recently PM has assigned a MOD to forum cleanup and they have been going back to 2016 and assigning solutions to threads.  Most of those are their own post.  In that post the method they mention some of the time was not even available when the Original thread was created.

To be honest you asked, I thoroughly responded, and you provide an incomplete half assed response. Thanks for wasting my time. 

@iPhoneUser  I asked what?  I believe it was @mimmo  who had asked

Need Help? Let's chat.