cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer ?

Richardreboh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I’m new customer just got my SIM card from Walmart and they did the activation there now how do I transfer my number from Koodo thx

4 REPLIES 4

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If it's Koodo postpaid, pre-port it's also a good idea to change the email address for the Koodo account to something different than what you're using for the PM account. 

At least I followed the guidance at https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Please-give-me-guide-to-port-from-Koo... and it went smoothly.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Create a Self-serve account (click my account in the menu) 

Then then log in and click plan then change number

Use only account number and account name. 

If you are Koodo prepaid then you need to ask mods to do the port. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Richardreboh wrote:

Hi I’m new customer just got my SIM card from Walmart and they did the activation there now how do I transfer my number from Koodo thx

@Richardreboh, if you were with Koodo prepaid you will need the assistance of the moderators.  If you were Postpaid you can login to your self serve and select change number.  There you will be asked if you want to select a new number or port in a number.  Choose port in a number enter your Account number and the name on the account.  It asks for more but you are just fine with those two I listed.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Did you ask them to transfer the old number? If they gave you a new number you can go into your self-serve account (you may have to create on, click on My Account in the top right corner) and go to Change Number under My Profile, then select to Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider.

If you asked them to transfer your number then continue to use your Koodo SIM until it stops working, then put in your PM SIM and it should work.

Need Help? Let's chat.