cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please give me guide to port from Koodo to Public Mobile

mcdq
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I just ordered a sim today and I want to make sure my transition from Koodo to Public Mobile is smooth. I've been looking through all the threads and I've only been able to get bits and pieces of it. Can someone post a step by step guide how to make sure that the port from Koodo to Public Mobile will be seamless? I don't get what I'm supposed to use as the alternate number (see below)

So far, I found this info posted by @Luddite:

- do not use the same email address for Kood and Public Mobile

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your Koodo account number; it is always the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be exactly as it appears on your Koodo bill

- do not use the person's Koodo number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your Koodo number (courtesy imm1304)

Thank you 🙂

10 REPLIES 10

@naveedanwar92 wrote:

HI there,

i just activate my new sim card today but i want to transfer my number from koodo mobile

to public mobile but i don't know how its work so please can you help me ?

thanks,

If your Koodo service is attached a postapid account, you simply do it yourself by logging into your self-serve account and open up the Change Number option.  Then select "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from Public Mobile or another provider".  You'll need to fill in the Koodo account owner's (the customer's name) and one of the other fields (account PIN, IMEI, account number,etc.), but do yourself a favor and only fill in the account number of those 3 options and leave the other 2 blank.

If your Koodo line has a prepaid plan, you'll need to contact the Public Mobile moderators to request the phone number transfer for you.

naveedanwar92

HI there,

i just activate my new sim card today but i want to transfer my number from koodo mobile

to public mobile but i don't know how its work so please can you help me ?

thanks,

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@ptckng it sounds like @Saray_O already completed the port for you based on here reply in another thread. If you still can't receive calls or texts via your ported number, try powering off your phone, removing the PM sim card, waiting a couple of minutes, then reinsert the card and power back on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
@ptckng did you already put in a port request earlier? If your login is disabled at Koodo it may b
Mean that the port completed?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ptckng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@srlawren

Unfortunately I am on Koodo Prepaid, and the Koodo site says that my log-in has been disabled...

srlawren
@mcdq that's wonderful! Welcome to Public Mobile!

@ptckng just sign into your Koodo self-serving account and change your address to an alternate email, and once updated, sign into your Public Mobile self-serve account, click plans and add-ons, then change phone number, and try the port again.

ptckng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @srlawren

I unfortunately did not know about having to register with a different email from the koodo account. Will I now need to just wait for mod to help me?

mcdq

I did it! @srlawren Initially it says I was not authorized but I just started over the authorization part and worked! Thanks 🙂

mcdq

Thanks @srlawren!! I'll update once I get my sim and attempt to port 🙂

srlawren

Hi @mcdq,

Please see here for the porting procedure from Koodo.

For the general recommended approach, please see here.  Just worry about steps 1, 2, and 3.  And only order 1 SIM card in step 1.  🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.