cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Help!

@AllanaHawkes Which do you prefer I will change it for you? But I think you can just go to the current solution and click "not the solution" to remove it and then pick another. Try clicking the 3 dots in the upper right of your "solution" post.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Mayor / Maire

@AllanaHawkes wrote:

As a newbie, I made an assumption that I should say it had been solved, no idea of the etiquette! Haha tell me how to un-solve it and I will gladly take it off. Wasn’t meant as a props to myself, just thought it was saying it was solved. 

You're right. There are some forums that work that way. That an OP basically "closes" a thread they started.

Not here.

Right click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the post you chose as the solution and undo it and then select another post. Luddite beat me to it.

As a newbie...now you know. It doesn't matter all THAT much of course. Smiley Happy

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

It doesn't matter all THAT much of course. Smiley Happy

Yeah, I really don't see any fault in the way @AllanaHawkes marked her follow-up as the solution. We're getting overly hung-up on unwritten etiquette!  Plus it's probably a one-off, rather than a habitual/regular thing...

I think @Luddite's post actually nailed the issue, and the solution was for @AllanaHawkes to replace the SIM, which she needed Moderator help to do because of the circumstances and not having a Self-Serve account (and the Catch-22 of trying to create one, without use of her phone).

Mayor / Maire

@AllanaHawkes wrote:

As a newbie, I made an assumption that I should say it had been solved, no idea of the etiquette! 

@AllanaHawkes just to give a little persepctive on why, it's to do with community rewards.  [More about awards here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164 .]  I am definitely not saying you are doing this, but one potential way of trying to "game" the system to try to get a higher level of community reward would to start marking your own replies to your own threads as solutions, as this is a component of how the reward rankings are calculated.  [The formula and weightings to each component is kept confidential, to prevent people trying to game, but it definitely involves posting activity, bravos received, solutions received, and possibly other metrics.]

EDIT: @CalgaryBen your response came in as I was typing the above.  Please have a look as to why it's slightly more than simple etiquette.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@CalgaryBen wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

It doesn't matter all THAT much of course. Smiley Happy

Yeah, I really don't see any fault in the way @AllanaHawkes marked her follow-up as the solution. We're getting overly hung-up on unwritten etiquette!  Plus it's probably a one-off, rather than a habitual/regular thing...

I think @Luddite's post actually nailed the issue, and the solution was for @AllanaHawkes to replace the SIM, which she needed Moderator help to do because of the circumstances and not having a Self-Serve account (and the Catch-22 of trying to create one, without use of her phone).

Right. So Lieux should have the solution because he said to contact the moderator.

Yes...unwritten etiquette. That's why I used the term "frowned upon". And also said that it doesn't matter all that much in the grand scheme of things.

Edit: And Alex888 would be a close second because he was the first to say damaged SIM. (unless he edited it after the fact Smiley Happy )

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got it

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just to confirm how much of a non-threat I am to all who are keeping score, I can’t even find how to change the solution, nor do I care. Please feel free to change it. 

Oracle

@AllanaHawkes We don't really care that much which post you picked as solution, BUT we are really pleased you were polite patient AND let us know how your issues were finally  resolved. Robot Very Happy

Welcome aboard.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Mayor / Maire

@AllanaHawkes wrote:

Just to confirm how much of a non-threat I am to all who are keeping score, I can’t even find how to change the solution, nor do I care. Please feel free to change it. 

I vote leave it alone and carry on with life. Now you know.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

EDIT: @CalgaryBen your response came in as I was typing the above.  Please have a look as to why it's slightly more than simple etiquette.  

Ah, so it's written afterall!  Fair enough; figured this was a one-off and wouldn't really have altered the outcome.  While I admit I haven't looked over the post referenced (TL;DR), I understand the spirit of it...

@z10user4 wrote:

Right. So Lieux should have the solution because he said to contact the moderator. 

Edit: And Alex888 would be a close second because he was the first to say damaged SIM. (unless he edited it after the fact Smiley Happy )

You're right!  I didn't notice relevant parts while skimming through.  Some crazy subconscious selective reading going on... I think the sleep deprivation is getting to me...