cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Number Port Fail to Success Story

Pnut
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey all,

Old skool user from pre Hotline / Carracho peer to peer era but 100% new to Public Moible (PM). Just wanted to chime in and leave a positive note for the moderator team working on our newly setup PM account with failed number porting from Petro-Canada (Rogers network):

Setup we did in-store and all went fine, untill the next day we got a PM text-message that number porting did not succeed.

Of-course as anyone, panic, we need this fixed ASAP - that is where PM and SelfServe gets a little daunting. No one to pick up the phone, and only a message board to write down the grievances.

Soon enough found out this issue is not something that can be anwered by "The Community" and needs a "moderator". Browsing messages, it showed that response time was once 1-3 hours and has shifted to 1-3 days. Bummer... the flip-side of PM getting more popular...

My private message to the moderator team was sent in Saturday evening and got the first answer Monday morning. Not too bad under the circumstances.

Petro-Canada users beware, ensure before you port to get all the information, to my knowledge, my Petro Canada account # should have been the 10-digit phone number - but i was told it wasn't and the needed PIN for number porting is something you once setup at Petro Canada and never use again. So for those that are porting from Petro-Canada, give Petro Canada support a call before porting.

Having said this, the moderator helping me, pushed the number port again after providing corrected information and was very pro-active as Petro Canada still had issues with the account number (???), so the moderator used my IMEI that I had provided.

In short, very happy with the thoroughness and (once in the queue after 2 days) swiftness the number port fail was solved by the moderator team.

Thanks again Bladimir!

1 REPLY 1

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Pnut wrote:

Having said this, the moderator helping me, pushed the number port again after providing corrected information and was very pro-active as Petro Canada still had issues with the account number (???), so the moderator used my IMEI that I had provided.

In short, very happy with the thoroughness and (once in the queue after 2 days) swiftness the number port fail was solved by the moderator team.

Thanks again Bladimir!

Thanks for the info.

Another success story porting from Petro Canada Mobility using IMEI.

Need Help? Let's chat.