Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, bad idea. Please delete

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

15 REPLIES 15

@popping 

My thoughts on this: There is no rule about discussing SIMon.  I believe it safe to say that customers almost universally dislike this system.  

While Public Mobile surely welcomes customer input, decisions were made that inplementing this ticketing system through SIMon did more good than harm. I'm certain that Public Mobile has an opinion, while most customers probably have a rather opposite opinion.

I do know that Public Mobile discourages the use of such keywords that immediately go to the ticketing process without the customer inputting any information about the issue. I also know that SIMon's repsonse to "rep" has been changed to include further steps that are now needed to open a ticket.

popping

@Anonymous wrote:

I have said all along that SIMon is bad. A customer has their panic situation. They come to the site. Maybe they see the Get Help up top. Maybe they see the question bubble. So now in their panic they have to muddle their way through figuring out how to get someone, anyone to fix their problem thereby ramping up their frustration at the whole place. I. Can't. Blame. Them.

I have also said since SIMon came into being that there should be a link to the submit ticket form for that exact reason. The customer is already exasperated.

So I say hurrah to popping for providing this list. PM may just remove those "keywords" now that they're posted publically... but for now. Yay.

My intent of this thread is helping people in panic mode to create a moderator support ticket quickly to get help.  Please only use these phrases when an issue or a problem requires moderator to access one's self-serve account.  Don't use these phrases to bypass SIMon to ask moderator on "how to purchase add-on?", "what is my refer-a-friend code?" etc.

Sorry for my choice of title and words to start this thread.  I had change the title of this thread.  

@Alan_K started using the phrase "port request" a few months ago. 

Before telling people just to use SIMon, I went to SIMon, every time, to do my research and found out what is the best phrase to use for that situation.

@Catherine_T 

Please delete this thread if it violates what PM's intention on how to use SIMon.

popping

@gpixel wrote:

@popping that link was removed by pm. 

Thanks for pointing it out.

I tested that link this morning.

It is still working on my laptop.

But it does not work on my mobile.

I seldom use my phone on community forum as I hate typing on my phone.

I will change my answer from now onward to use the ? button.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have said all along that SIMon is bad. A customer has their panic situation. They come to the site. Maybe they see the Get Help up top. Maybe they see the question bubble. So now in their panic they have to muddle their way through figuring out how to get someone, anyone to fix their problem thereby ramping up their frustration at the whole place. I. Can't. Blame. Them.

I have also said since SIMon came into being that there should be a link to the submit ticket form for that exact reason. The customer is already exasperated.

So I say hurrah to popping for providing this list. PM may just remove those "keywords" now that they're posted publically... but for now. Yay.

@popping 

I prefer answer #3

Once they finish the tour and/or yell at their computer screen I list exactly what to include in a private message to be as efficient as possible with the moderators so they can be happily sent on their way.

@popping that link was removed by pm. 

and let SIMon to take someone for a tour of PM for 30 minutes and still do not have a support ticket.

I think it's a marketing strategy 🙂

popping

@darlicious wrote:

Or maybe just make Simon disappear?

I wish SIMon would disappear. I honestly think customer support should never be automated. It's impersonal. It's perceived as incompetent. The automation can't fix anything without forcing the customer to figure out how to get things fixed ... and the reality is that most customers don't want to figure things out, they're calling because they want somebody else to fix it for them.

I betcha SIMon is an expensive gadget. Costly to install. Costly to configure, maintain, and operate, an ongoing expense. Money perhaps better spent on hiring or training or extra labour hours or bonuses and pizza if the goal is consistently successful customer support.

Plus I just hate interacting with leave-a-message machines. Feels dumb. And every extra layer installed between person-to-person communication increases the chances of miscommunication or misunderstanding in both directions.

We all know that people use machinery to screen communication requests so they can respond (or not respond) selectively, on their own terms, without appearing rude or enduring rudeness from others - I don't know why Big Business thinks they can fool customers into believing this behaviour is not impolite when (during business hours) they behave the same way.

@popping 

Wishing for that **poof** the magic dragon disappearing post bug to gobble up your thread? Or maybe just make Simon disappear?

Automated support systems often recognize keywords like "human", "agent", and "operator" as requests to connect directly to a person.

Some of them even recognize swearing as indicating anger and frustration, giving "angry" customers higher priority for faster service, lol. SIMon just responds with unamusing canned indignities when he's verbally abused.

But SIMon's main function is to filter and sort support requests. Take care of all the routine simple stuff (ie: redirect people with questions to existing sources of information and answers). Categorize other stuff so it can be sent to different staff/departments which each focus on different problem areas. He's basically a "contact us" submission form and a receptionist.

Offering a summary of shortcut key phrases which circumvent SIMon's purpose will just reduce Public Mobile's overall support efficiency by shifting the unsorted workload right back onto the mods.

popping

Oops.jpeg

Considering you still have the option to change the issue category from the drop down after starting to open the ticket and logging in with your community account. 

• Missing
  • Refund
  • Unknown

@popping 

I dislike SIMon just as much as you do, and I know you're trying to help by providing a list, but these phrases in such a concentrated area, I feel, is likely to be removed by Public Mobile. They don't want us doing this because people will simply type in one of these "magic" phrases randomly to skip the rest of the SIMon stuff.

popping

Place holder for more phrases

Need Help? Let's chat.