cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question / possible suggestion

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

Is it best to delete your images that PM saves ? 
I ask because I recently could no longer upload images baffled by this I cleared cache cookies on browser and tried incognito private mode to no avail I just couldn’t upload anymore . 

then after poking around in my images I noticed I had 84 pages of images so I started to delete one by one then tested again to upload images and BINGO I could upload images again .

doing so I was able to delete them faster but still cumbersome to do . I did this by “turning on batch  processing “ then “check all” and then select “delete all checked images “ 

Handy1_0-1714592693897.png

So is it best to keep couple pages of images and delete the rest so you dont accidentally remove an image from some previous post you replied to . so what’s the best way forward for those of us that use images in reply’s to help ?

i have noticed some posters in the past had issues with uploading images and thou I have t checked to see if they had as many pages of images as I had 84 to be exact . I also never seen anyone mention this issue with so many pages of images in your album 

My suggestion would be can PM automatically remove those images starting with oldest one first for every subsequent image reply that gets uploaded next ? Or just have an option to auto delete the images after such time . Maybe 24 hours. Or one week 

of is there a easier way to use the images from your album so your not getting so many duplicates from Copy pasting them from notes or phone photo album ? If so I’m sure I would only have a few pages tops of images  instead of 84 LOL . I ask this being a iPhone user and no access to real computer . Can it still be done ?

5 REPLIES 5

thanks for confirming @Namu2 

now @Handy1 can help to confirm if he is "driving" over the new limit 😔

Namu2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just asked and been told that the new limit is 2500.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Great suggestion @Handy1. I noticed mine and every once in a while. I delete them as they are duplicates. Could be me or my phone but I haven't figured out yet how to put them in another post so they pile up.

Same thing with my messages. It says that i didn't finish what I was typing so it saves as drafts in my profile page under my avatar.  Some I can remove, but some of them will not delete. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

When you post an image as part of post it gets saved on PM site. I believe there is a limit how many pictures you can have there. Do they go by total size - MB or number of pics - no idea.

I do delete them every month as I do not know how to REUSE them. It becomes simpler to post a new one than to 'reuse' one you can see in your account.
If you delete picture then your post having that picture will just have empty gray block in place of pic.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Handy1 

as you know the community is using the software made by Khoros, there is no auto feature with this

However, our old friends @Jb456 and @darlicious both have raised this question, so PM has increased the speed limit ( 🙂 ) from 1000 to 2000, so 2000 is the max at the moment

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Well-this-is-new-1000-image-limit/m-p/619...

Need Help? Let's chat.