cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really frustrated

SusieQ20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just got my son hooked up with public mobile. The worker at the kiosk screwed up and did not put my referral code in. He also did something wrong with the account set up and apparently now the account doesn't really exist...according to the manager of the kiosk in Riverview, New Brunswick. The number is working and the charge is on my credit card but that is all we know. We cannot set up a self-serve account as it keeps coming up as invalid number. Can't get through to a moderator because it is my son's phone not mibe but my son is handicapped and cannot do it himself. Folks at the kiosk coukd not help him. So now what? There is nowhere we can go to get help. It was their error and now they cannot help. I will never refer someone to Public Mobile if this is how they treat their customers. The service is terrible. 

9 REPLIES 9

@SusieQ20 

regarding the referal code message the moderators while you are dealing with your account and let them know aabout the referal. They can definetly help  apply it.

Cheers

illyas

You should try contacting the moderator. They are very helpful, and helped me with a referral code.

For now...don't worry about the missing referal...they'll be able to add it to the accounts once his is set up correctly.

Once the moderators are working to get the account set up, then they can apply the friend referal code.

SusieQ20

Thank you for your reply.

They did not give him a printout.

They spelled email correctly as he did get one.

He did not get a pin.

When they were told about missing the referral code they said there was nothing they could do. 

He will try 611.

Thanks again.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @SusieQ20 

Did they give you any printouts?

Did they misspell the email?

What happens when you dial 611?

Did you get sms with the pin?

That is really what you need to talk to them

And don't worry about the referral, they will be able to get that adjusted manually once your number is working

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SusieQ20 

Did you received a welcome email from PM?

If not, there much be a typo on the email address.

PM does not have a call center.  It does not matter whether you or your son who contact moderator to correct the issue created by the kiosk as long as you know the details of your son's account like PIN#, answer to the security question.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - "Problem creating self-serve account"
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
7. After submitted a ticket, members should check their private message SENT folder for their ticket which they just created.
If you cannot find your ticket in your SENT box, You did not create your support ticket yet. Also monitor your INBOX for any reply from moderator.
Click the envelop icon at the top right corner to access your private message mailbox.

You can also enable email notification after receiving a private message at your INBOX.
My settings --> PREFERENCES --> Private Messenger --> enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages' --> Save

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SusieQ20 , 

I am sorry to hear of your experience.

Something must have went awry in the set up activation process.

Contact Moderators, and explain in full details what is happening, via private message using this link.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

If you've tried to set up an account too many times, you might just be locked out for an hour. Give it another try later today.

Alternative is to let the moderators help you. Go to the top of this page and click on Get Help / Chat with Simon. Be aware that it could be a couple hours hours before they respond...but usually much less. Keep an eye on the little "envelope icon" on top right side of page...you'll know when you get a response.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@SusieQ20 You can contact the moderator team via the one of two ways described below. Sending them a private message would be best for your case:

If the Community is stumped by your question or if you have an account specific issue, then it’s time to contact our super-knowledgeable Moderator Team.Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.