cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It would be nice to have talk add-ons that work without being on an unlimited talk plan.  It seems that there is a segment of customers who like this choice judging form some customer feedback over the last few months.

Can even implement this into the "Create your Plan" page under Talk options so that customers can choose to purchase limited minutes.  

Its not for everyone, but it adds more flexibility for the customer to get exactly what they want.  This could appeal to a currently untapped customer base who use prepaid services from the big3 or services like the 7-11 speakout.  Would love to see PM grow.

13 Comments
vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @imm1304, this is the option for customer who needs occationally calling, but mainly use the device for data.  This will attract those prepaid customers.  I did not recall any other carriers offer that any more (used to 7-11 speakout allows that, but they stopped).

imm1304

Hi @vrance

Yes, I see many youngsters who use their device mainly for data.  And also customers like the ones you mentioned (7-11 speakout).  I just think it would be nice to have that option  

deltatux

This idea has been suggested to death. Best to have these all merged into the same thread...

imm1304

@deltatux, how would one go about doing that?  

Chicklets

@imm1304 +1

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I agree with this one!

I very rarely call ( real phone call ). I mostly use Skype, voip.ms, whatsapp call, or hangouts depending of the situation.

I very very very rarely text ( SMS, real phone text ). I use Whatsapp and Snapchat for this.

The only situations I call ( real phone call ) is when calling dad, since he actively refuses to use whatsapp or any other functionality different than PHONE.

The only situations where I text is when receiving a text confimation code when installing a new app.

My current setup is a Dual SIM phone, my primary phone number is in my Speakout SIM card, where I can put 10 bucks and they dont expire for a YEAR.

Data is 90% of the times Wifi ( I am either in the office or at home).  When outside it is provided by PM SIM, ( 90 day plan, 1 GB, which is about 333 Mb a month )

I would really, really, really like to port my number to PM. Add a calling ADD ON ( like 200 minutes ).  Add a texting addon ( like 200 SMS ).  And only keeping DATA in a PLAN.

You guys would really make my day if some of this is offered.  I dont need unlimited calls, I dont need unlimited texts.  I ONLY need call addon and text addon.

Thank you!

JL.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I believe PM should consider this:

Add-On Can-Wide Talk: 600 Mins That never Expire: $35

Add-On Can-Wide Txt: 600 Out-going, Incoming FREE: $35

Add-On Global Txt: 600 Out, Incoming FREE: $40

Have Talk Rate-Plan(s) w/o VM if PPL so choose, BUT perhaps offer $5 Cheaper

Have Visual VM, Allow PPL to send Txts through PC, Have option in PM Self-Serve as well as PM App so PPL can also send Txts to their Friends if They wish to communicate via PC instead of Mobile handset

Mayor / Maire

@jairolevi I wouldn't hold my breath for it if I were you. I'm in the same boat as you, however, and I use Fongo for texting and calling. All incoming calls and texts are free. Outbound calling is free or nearly free, depending on the number. And Canada-wide texting is $10 for 6 months (Canada + US texting is $15 for 6 months).

Status changed to: Not for us
Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

So does this mean that the talk add-ons do not work if you do not already have Province-Wide or Canada-Wide calling?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Go here to the thread below if you want to be notified when a new Public Mobile (PM) promo and changes comes out!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Subscribe-to-this-thread-if-you-want-to-be...

Need Help? Let's chat.