cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rate plan

shahjeb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used up my 1GB data and purcahseda new rate plan, but my data is still not working. It still shows my old rate plan even though I was charged for the new rate plan, and whatever rewards I had has been used up. It also didn't start a new 30 day cycle but charged me the full amount for the new rate plan. 

7 REPLIES 7

shahjeb

No, it still shows that my old plan is active. But I don’t have any data at the moment. My account shows balance of $40. And now it won’t let me change plans at all as those buttons are greyed out. I emailed the moderator team last night and this morning and no reply yet. Thanks a lot for your help either way. Much appreciated. 

@shahjeb, is the plan you want to switch to set as the new plan already?  You can try adding another payment ($1 is enough) to see if this allows you to activate your plan.

shahjeb

I tried your instructions and it still doesn’t work. 

I dont know what else to do at this point. It shiws that I’ve been charged for the new rate plan and that my account balance is $40 but now it won’t even let me select a new plan at all as it is greyed out. 

@shahjeb, you can change it early, by doing the immediate option. The subscriber prior thought you just topped up to renew your current plan.

Log into my account, and see what the status of your account is.  If active, try restarting your device.

if that doesn’t work, also in My Account, under plans, you can try marking your phone as lost, sign out, wait about 5 minutes, and unmarked it lost.  This has been known to jump start an account.

shahjeb

ok Thanks. I am new to public mobile and wasn't aware that I couldn't change the plan early. I did send a message to the moderator, hope they can get me some data asap. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@shahjeb wrote:

I used up my 1GB data and purcahseda new rate plan, but my data is still not working. It still shows my old rate plan even though I was charged for the new rate plan, and whatever rewards I had has been used up. It also didn't start a new 30 day cycle but charged me the full amount for the new rate plan. 

Did you restart your phone? If that doesn't work try the Lost/Found account reset trick:

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen 
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@shahjeb Do you mean that you did an immediate plan change? Only a moderator can renew your plan early, adding funds to your account doesn't automatically renew your plan.
Need Help? Let's chat.