cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outgoing and incoming call is not working, text message is working.

lucy28
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Outgoing problem: when I call Toronto local phone number, it said “you don't have active long distance add-on and this call is not covered by your plan".

Incoming problem: when somebody called me, it didn't show any incoming call record.

I can send text message out. it means my phone has not problem. I powered off my phone, removed my sim card, then put it back. the problem is still there. anybody can help me? Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13

@lucy28 

Glad to hear that you were able to sort things out.

Here is the knowledge article on the limited talk plans:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

Talk minutes are counted whenever you make or receive calls on your phone. Talk time is calculated from the start of a call to when it is disconnected, and includes ring time and call routing. Total call time is always rounded up to the nearest minute. Please note that calls to voicemail and forwarding calls will use plan minutes.

@lucy28 I had the same plan it's kind of restrictive but at least the 500 minutes will be there until they are all used up and they work perfect in the 'between" times when you run out goodluck

lucy28

@RossN 

Thank you for letting me know. If 1 sec adds up to 1 minute used, I may used all my minutes. I'll buy extra minutes.

@lucy28 hi if there are no minutes left on the main page of your account in the data and add ons section then you have used all your minutes even a 1 sec call adds up to 1 minute used  setting up or going in to voicemail uses minutes 

lucy28

@Dunkman 
It's not expensive for 500 min/$5, but if my minutes is not run out, just because public mobile's fault, It's not a good experience. There is a "view my usage" in my account, I added every minutes of outgoing and incoming from my payment day to today. It's less than 30 minutes. 

lucy28

@geopublic 
Good Idea, I'll try lost and found first. 

@lucy28 wrote:

@Dunkman 

It is the $10 plan with 50 minutes/50 texts. I added the minutes that is in my account history, I'm not run out of minutes.

@lucy28 

When you say that you "added the minutes", did you buy an extra add on already?  As stated above, you should see the a talk add on in your overview page.  Either the original 50 minutes add on or if you bought the 500 minutes for $5 add on.  Buying an add on is a two step process, which some people don't know.  If you don't see any talk add on, that means that you ran out of minutes.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

If you see the add on and it is still not working, you might need to contact moderator.  Expect 1-2 day wait though....

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lucy28 wrote:

Outgoing problem: when I call Toronto local phone number, it said “you don't have active long distance add-on and this call is not covered by your plan".

Incoming problem: when somebody called me, it didn't show any incoming call record.

I can send text message out. it means my phone has not problem. I powered off my phone, removed my sim card, then put it back. the problem is still there. anybody can help me? Thanks.

@lucy28  Sounds like you ran out of minutes. To verify purchase the 500 minute Canada wide addon for $5.00. The minutes don't expire until used up and are a great backup for instances when you run out of minutes.

You may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

@lucy28 wrote:

@Dunkman 

It is the $10 plan with 50 minutes/50 texts. I added the minutes that is in my account history, I'm not run out of minutes.

@lucy28 , check the minutes in the overview tab.  That is where the usage meter is located.  Do you see minutes left there?  

lucy28

@Dunkman 

lucy28

Of course the receipient receive the text. I just put another SIM card in my cellphone, outgoing and incoming have no problem. That means my cellphone has no problem.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@lucy28Just because you can send a text out doesn't necessarily mean your phone doesn't have a problem, can the receipient receive the text? As @Dunkman mentioned what plan are you on? What does your profile say when you log into your selfserve account? What happens when you dial *611? can you access your voicemail?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@lucy28 

Which plan are you on?  

If on the $10 plan with 50 minutes/50 texts, it might mean that you run out of minutes.  

You could also try your PM Sim care in another phone.  To determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.