cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dual sim cards ?

havocandmayham
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it possible to get another sim card idenical to the one I'm using presently to share data and messages between the 2 devices both are unlocked both work with my present sim but I don't want to keep switching between the devices if possible since you dont have a tablet plan or a share everything plan.

9 REPLIES 9

@ChuckYeah  Awesome I don't need it at the moment but if i need to take one SIM out to put in another phone it could be a handy app to have so I'd like to know the results. So would @havocandmayham  I bet.

@darlicious I use Mighty Text (https://mightytext.net/). But I think I'll check out MYSMS (https://www.mysms.com/). I'll let you know if I like it better.

@havocandmayham  If you choose to do as I suggested you can download an app like mysms that mirrors your texts/calls/contacts between two devices so as to not miss calls and texts etc...

@ShawnC13  @ChuckYeah (FYI)

@havocandmayham

You might live in an area with providers who offer "wireless home internet". Basically a large WiFi or cellular (2G, 3G, or 4G) network intended for data only. Not as much data or as fast data as you'd get with wired broadband but much more and much cheaper than any data plan you could get from any cellular provider. 

For example, I currently pay $39.95 per month for 100GB of pretty fast "4G" data (usually at least 40Mbps download) which I can access from any mobile device (even from multiple mobile devices simultaneously) - with password login, without SIM card - across my whole city, both neighbouring cities, and a lot of the surrounding regions. Although I did find that dual-SIM devices are preferred because I have Publoc Mobile phone plans and my operating system softwares only allow one "active" APN configuration per SIM slot and I'm too lazy to keep changing things around, lol.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Cellular-quot-home-quot-internet/m-p/44174...

@ChuckYeah  and @darlicious , hotspotting wouldn't help the OP with sharing his messages between phones.  It sounds like they carry two phones or alternate between two phones and want the information on both of them whenever they pick that phone up.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@havocandmayham  If you wanted to activate a second sim with a different account, email and phone number you could then have one phone on the cheapest plan ($15) and one on the $40 or $50 plan and share the data with a hospot. It could be worth it if you take advantage of the curret promo and free sim at walmart (price matched elsewhere). Activating on any plan between $25-$50 and switching to the $15 on the second month with autopay costs $53+tax for six months of service. You could take advantage 8.5gb of data on your first month to share between the two and adjust each phones plan accordingly. This would cost$8.83 per month extra for the six months. By having a phone number that is not your main number you could cancel every six months or so and take advantage of similar promos and extra referral credits. If you calculate the $20 bonus referral credit and $6 in monthly rewards 6 months would cost $27+tax or $4.50+tax a month for six months.

@Staliger Of course, if you have both devices in the same area you, you can set your phone up as a hot spot and use the data attached to your phone for both devices.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@havocandmayham wrote:

Is it possible to get another sim card idenical to the one I'm using presently to share data and messages between the 2 devices both are unlocked both work with my present sim but I don't want to keep switching between the devices if possible since you dont have a tablet plan or a share everything plan.

No, you can use only one sim for one account...

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@havocandmayham wrote:

No it isn't.  One sim card per number per account.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.