jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yea its empty alright. Forget it....

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wrobar wrote:

I just wanted to speak to someone who could fix it but the mod didn’t help. It’s done.

Since the boss-lady was tagged, we'll see if she can fix things up. I think there's some confusion all around. There's only one $15 plan unless you had started it two Springs ago which doesn't sound like you did.

Wrobar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Empty.

@Wrobar 

At which retailer did you activate? If some how they are caught in a time warp and managed to activate you on a plan that no longer exists then public mobile will correct the mistake and credit you back the extra $15 you paid to change your plan to the correct one that was available to you in your self serve account. Since its impossible to change to the same plan without moderator help perhaps what you are saying is true.

The moderator you have been dealing with must be new or also stuck in the same time warp as the retailer you dealt with that had access to the $15 plan with limited incoming calling that existed for a few months in the spring of 2019. This is where @Catherine_T  can help bridge the gap between you and what it seems is a new employee or a very misinformed one. Along with the retailer who did not correctly inform you how to get the second month (actually 30 days) free promotion. 

I would suggest before the regular management returns to work tomorrow or Tuesday that you register your email on the main sites plans /getting started page (click on the greenish square with horizontal lines at the top right corner of the page) and scroll down below the promotion announcement and type in the email you used to activate your simcard/account.

If Catherine_T doesnt get in touch within the next couple of days you can send her a message detailing the very unusual activation experience and if you ask nicely she will likely grant the promotion to be applied to your account in the next 30 days when she sorts out the confusion with the moderator. Just make sure you have your private email notifications set up or periodically check in to see if you have any private messages and if so respond to them as promptly as possible. If you make it all the way to Thursday with no contact from pm then private message me and i will take up your cause but you will have to be more forth right with some of the details so i can help you get redress from public mobile.

Wrobar
Empty.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yah, i doubt you were placed on a $15 plan that doesn't exist to even be selected.  When activating, there is no option to choose a plan that doesn't include incoming minutes.  Can you explain (& more importantly, if the moderators are telling you so), can THEY explain how this could have possibly happened.

It would be very interesting if you might copy/paste their response here, removing any personal information.   

If they're telling you that you got put on a plan which doesn't exist, there's no question they must allow you to switch to an in-market plan with NO CHARGE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wrobar wrote:

I sent a message to the moderator. They agree there are 2 $15 plans and I was put on the wrong one but nonetheless I will be paying $30 for one month of service because I changed the plan 3 hours after activating in store on the wrong plan.

Did you start up with Public Mobile like a year and a half ago or so? There were a brief couple few months when the $15 plan was 100 minutes total. Then it went to unlimited incoming.

Yes, doing an immediate plan change would charge you again. There's no pro-rating or refunds here. But check your Available Funds to see if you have something more than nothing there.

Wrobar

Empty.

Wrobar

Empty.

@Wrobar 

When the $15 plan first came to market about 2 years ago, the original version did not have free incoming minutes.  However, since then, there is only one version of the $15 plan, with unlimited incoming minutes.  Maybe it did not initially show up in your account, but likely if somebody called you, the incoming minutes would have been free.  

Anyways, you might want to take your concerns to a moderator (ie. PM employee).  Moderators might be able to credit your account.  No guarantees though. 

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the blue chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Wrobar

Empty.

Wrobar

Empty.

Wrobar

Empty.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wrobar : Is your phone indicating that it's connected to Public Mobile? When you dial 611 does it say welcome to Public Mobile?

You've apparently logged in to the self-serve to apparently attempt to change the plan. If so, then click on Plan Details. The resulting page will show all the details of your plan. One of the lines will say unlimited incoming.

Are you sure they were referring to Public Mobile,  @Wrobar ?

There are no currently offered Public Mobile plans that don't include unlimited incoming minutes. 

Wrobar

Empty.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : The first renewal was for any plan. The 5gb was for $25 and up.

@HALIMACS wrote:

Also, @Wrobar , I believe the only free month offers right now are limited to the $25 & up plans.  May we ask where "in store" you activated?  Curious who is offering a free month on the $15 plans...   By any chance, was there also any mention of any free data as well?

For the current offer, the free 2nd 30 days is with a new account activation on any plan. 

Also, @Wrobar , I believe the only free month offers right now are limited to the $25 & up plans.  May we ask where "in store" you activated?  Curious who may be offering a first month free on the $15 plans (if that's what you're saying you got).   By any chance, was there also any mention of any free data as well?

EDITED re BOGO plan eligibility:  (thanks to @computergeek541  & @Anonymous )

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wrobar : As for the "first month" part...none of these promos have ever had a free first month. You would have needed to register an email address on the site first and then activated using that address. And then you would have received a free renewal.

The customer service reps around here are called the moderators. You could try asking them if they would grant you the promo after the fact. Ask nicely. They don't have to. No guarantees either.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Wrobar 

The $15 plan includes UNLIMITED incoming minutes.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed

IF you still need to speak with a moderator (who are the Customer Service for PM), this is how:

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click on the chat bubble in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@Wrobar wrote:

I tried to set up the $15/month plan with free incoming minutes in store, I got the $15 plan without the free incoming minutes and when I switched my plan online I had to pay another $15 for the same plan I wanted to start with. I've only had this service for one day. I also saw online that the first month was suppose to be free for new activations and I didn't get that either. How do I get a credit for this mistake? I can't find any number to call and I did a live chat and the customer service rep wouldn't help a person with an activated phone.

There currently is no $15 plan that doesn't have unlimited incoming calls.The first activation should have been fine. Did you end up activating 2 new accounts?

Also, the self serve website wouldn't allow a customer to switch to the same plan for an existing account. By chance, is there an extra $15 in your avaialble Public Mobile account balance?

Need Help? Let's chat.