cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best plan for me?

Lynn236
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Thank you in advance for your expertise. I am with a different telephone company at the present. I'd like to share my data with you and I was hoping that someone would be able to choose the best plan for me as I am not efficient or tech savy in this area at all. 

Would this be a question I ask ask online? Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Suggestion: Pick a plan that is close to what you think you need....

See how it goes for a month, buy more data or faster data if you need it - reduce the same if you find that you have the opportunity to save money.

Regarding calling - go unlimited unless you use very limited amounts of both.

Good luck!!!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lynn236 wrote:

Hello,

Thank you in advance for your expertise. I am with a different telephone company at the present. I'd like to share my data with you and I was hoping that someone would be able to choose the best plan for me as I am not efficient or tech savy in this area at all. 

@Lynn236The best plan for you is the one you pick Smiley Happy If you don't want to worry about minute and text limitations go with an Unlimited Canada Wide Talk & International Text plan. Then you need to decide how much data if any that you need. A good choice would be 1GB per 30 days.

Click here this is a good article that explains the Public Mobile plans and add-ons. Please review it and let us know if you have anymore questions regarding specifics.

Hope this helps!!

@Lynn236 wrote:

no I don't watch video on my cell.

Since you don't watch video on your cell like me, I wouldsugestt $30 for1GBB data and unlimited Canada wide talk and unlimited international text. And yesterday someone said it's only $25, but I'm not sure today .

I chosend this plan because my kid is in another province and I have some friends and in another province.1GB data is good for me, I only use it there's no wifi or wifi is too so low when I go somewhere.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lynn236 as mentioned there are several variables.

What is your current plan? Is there a max price you want to pay?

Your main  options probably are:

$15 for 100 Minutes talk unli. Ited sms and 250 mb data

$30 talk and text and 1 gb of data

$40 talk text and 2.5 gb data

But again without your usage then it's hard to say. 

You could always pick the 40$ plan then upgrade or downgrade depending on usage. 

Are you on your phone a lot?  Do you use it for work?  Is it for emergencies?  Is it for long telephone calls?  Do you call only locally, or do you call across the country?  Is your calling more local, than it is national?

I personally like unlimited calling, I'm on a province-wide plan, as I don't generally call outside Ontario.  I've been on my same plan now for just about 3 years, and have used 23 minutes of a 200-minute long distance add-on for Canada and US calls.  I also have unlimited texting, as many of my contacts are SMS chatters, but I prefer to talk.  I have more data than I need, but my plan is less expensive now than if I were to get a current plan.

What are your 'needs' for the phone plan?

emad
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Everyone is willing to help, but we need to understand your current usage to be able to recommend a plan that suits your needs. 

You may start with the lowest plan for a month and give it a try $10 or $15 plans could be a good start.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lynn236 wrote:

The reason why the usage questions is to figure out if the 50 total minutes would work for you. Or the 100 total minutes. Or province-only. Or Canada-wide. Or Canada and US. Or no minutes.

Or 50 outgoing texts. Or no texts.

Or 250 mb of data or 8500 mb (8.5gb) of data. Or no data. Or really incidental data.

After those limitations then it's unlimited minutes or unlimited texting.

Lynn236
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lynn236 

In addition to other usage questions already asked, do you watch video using mobile data?

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

What's your average usage pattern?

How many minutes and text, and how much data do you usually use?

Edit: ninja'd by @Anonymous , who's questions are even better... 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lynn236 wrote:

Hello,

Certainly.

How many minutes of total in/out calling do you do each month?

How many total in/out texts do you do each month?

How much internet web site browsing do you do each month?

Need Help? Let's chat.