cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

USA Calling Add On Not Working

Hi, I purchased a 200 US from Canada minutes add on to my plan earlier in the week. On the same day I called the US no problem, spent maybe 15 minutes on the phone. Tried calling another US number today and I keep getting told I have no US calling plan. I check my account and it doesn't show under my add ons, even though it shows under my balance due the extra $8 on top of my usual bill. What's going on? 

Mayor / Maire

Re: USA Calling Add On Not Working

@PL29 wrote:

Hi, I purchased a 200 US from Canada minutes add on to my plan earlier in the week. On the same day I called the US no problem, spent maybe 15 minutes on the phone. Tried calling another US number today and I keep getting told I have no US calling plan. I check my account and it doesn't show under my add ons, even though it shows under my balance due the extra $8 on top of my usual bill. What's going on? 

Hi, it looks like you have used up all your Calling Add-On minutes.

The 200 minutes Calling Add-On is good for calls to US and Canada.
If you made other calls and do not have local calling minutes, those minutes will be used.

You can check detailed usage via online account to confirm.

Mayor / Maire

@PL29 wrote:

@PL29 Are you on a limited calling plan. Is it possible that you ran out of minutes from you plan and was using the minutes from the addon without realising it? From what you describe it appears that you have used up all the minutes from you addon.

That makes no sense. I have unlimited Canada wide calling and 15 minutes is a generous estimate of my first and only successful US call. I'd see what my call history says but the website refuses to work properly. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PL29Check your selfserve after hours. I would recommend cut and paste the details into a spreadsheet then you can manipulate the information much easier.

Mayor / Maire

@PL29 wrote:

That makes no sense. I have unlimited Canada wide calling and 15 minutes is a generous estimate of my first and only successful US call. I'd see what my call history says but the website refuses to work properly. 

Try clearing browser cache and using incognito mode. You may notice a difference.

Let us know your findings. Thanks

Mayor / Maire

@PL29 wrote:

@PL29 Best to check your usage history logs. In the meantime, if you need to call in the US you can use Hangouts Dialer it's free and works well.

Will do when I'm home in half an hour

My logs doesn't show the call I made to the US for some bizarre reason. Only the calls I've made and received in BC. You can see the payment as well.pm1.pngpm2.png

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PL29Sounds like you need to get in touch with the moderators (link).

Let us know when it got fixed.