cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming Issues - Help Needed

DanM1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having issues with roaming in the US with calls being dropped, no text messages being received and no mobile data. 

I loaded the US talk-text-250MB add-on on June 5th and it worked beautifully for 10 days. 

On June 17, I purchased the US talk add on ($8) in error and right after added to US talk-text-250MB add-on ($20). Now I am having issues with all 3 services. Phone settings are still the same and it is fully functional otherwise. I suspect that having two add-ons is causing the issue. I have contacted the mods but I dont think this particular issue is being investigated as they are looking into network issues - everything was working perfectly for the first 10 days. 

Question - who is able to modify the account? are the mods able to make account changes on back end? I dont see the option to cancel an add-on. 

Please help.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

DanM1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Update - asked Mods to remove the US Roam Talk Only add-on. Mods  were helpful in removing the extra add-on and after a power cycle no further issues. 

For future reference:

1- Having 2 add-ons that provide similar service can cause issues i.e., talk add on and bundle add-on being activated at the same time. 

2 - Mods are able to remove add ons. 

Thanks all for your input. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@DanM1 Unfortunately they won't be back until the morning. 

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls back to Canada try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi. Also, look at Google Hangouts; it will let you call Canada & USA. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DanM1 Only Mods can cancel your add-ons. You did everything right by contacting them, now just seat and wait game! Woman Wink

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

to answer your question yes only mods have acces to your account and they shoudl be able to modify your addons.

as for your connectivity issues. its strange and havent heard of it before.  only thing that i can think of is power cycle your phone keep it off for a minute or two then see what happens.

also you do not need a usa romaing package to receive sms.

Need Help? Let's chat.