cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share Your 3G Real World Experience

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Wondering if anyone that has signed up on a 3G plan is able to share their experience so far? Maybe share some real world speed tests?

The 3G offering still doesn't make sense to me. All PM has done is remove one of their biggest competitive advantages (having a nationwide 4g network) so they can jack up prices.
32 REPLIES 32

Using iPhone 5 alone and tethered to a Macbook I found that compared to LTE performance  "3G" was good for browsing, streaming video including netflix; much slower uploading photos and downloading apps; uses data allowance much slower. Details below

Results of Speed Tests         
 Download/Upload/Latency        
PLAN Phone AloneTetheredPhone browsing, apps, etc.Tethered – netflixTethered - streaming pbsMMS – photoUpload 75 MB appCallingSMS
LTE31/12/4533/8.7/413 -20 sec to load a pageGood; 10 sec to loadgood; 10 sec to load8 sec35 secnormalnormal
“3G”2.7/0.5/612.2/0.4/40pretty much the same as LTEbit fuzzier; otherwise samepretty much the same22 sec120 secnormalnormal

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, we have been testing 3G for a few weeks now. 

Here is the video i posted about a week ago: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Extended-We-ve-Expanded-Our-Offerings-I...

Need Help? Let's chat.