cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have the required long distance add on

jnata
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same problem.  I can receive calls, use data, and send text messages, however even though my plan includes unlimited provincial talk, whenever I try to call numbers within BC where I am and where my phone is registered to, I get the message: "Sorry we can't complete your call. You don't have an active long distance add-on, and this call is not covered by your plan." Based on the advice I saw on the community forum, I restarted the phone and removed and re-insterted the SIM, and it's still not letting me make calls.

Worse, I emailed Public Mobile Support on Saturday to get support, received a response on Sunday asking for verification information, and have heard nothing since.  This is infuriating and dangerous since in the meantime I am unable to make any calls, including if I were in an emergency.  Please help!!

13 REPLIES 13

@laycraft wrote:

I am also getting the message: "Sorry we cannot complete your call. You do not have an active long distance add on." This includes when I call voicemail and whether I have a leading 1 or not. I can however still use mobile data.

Did you change your plan? Can you see it on the first page of your self serve account? If everything is ok you need to reach the moderator here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and give them details of your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

laycraft

I am also getting the message: "Sorry we cannot complete your call. You do not have an active long distance add on." This includes when I call voicemail and whether I have a leading 1 or not. I can however still use mobile data.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello everyone,

The issue seems to be resolved - can you all power cycle and test your outgoing calls?

Thank you all for your patience,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

otmosziz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Mine, My Wifes' my dads' all are public Mobile.

Same problem just noticed now.

Need help ASAP.

Fire
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same problem here...

PM, would you please provide update?

Yishan812005

I’m having the same problem my number is+16476579077 

Yishan812005

I’m have the same problem and rests my phone and place SIM card back in but still having the same message sorry we cannot complete your call you do not have active talk

dundada23

Both my wife and I are on PM and we're getting this message when we're trying to call each other. We're both in the GTA... issue started today 😞

DavidN

Hello, I am having the same issue all of a sudden. Can you assist?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @gatsby1992,

thank you for reaching out to us !

Can you please try dialing the number with a 1 in front ? If this does not work, send us a private message and we will further investigate.

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

gatsby1992

Hi There,

I am encountering the same problem with this message above when i try to call a 647 number. My plan covers unlimited provincial call. Please help.

Thank you,

Kelly

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @jnata

Just one comment, you should still be able to make emergency calls (911), as I beleive that the carriers are required to put those through always (ie even if not covered by your service plan or even if you are not on a service plan at all...) 

Hope that eases you mind a little while @Shazia_K straightens this out for you.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @jnata

I'm very sorry to hear about this 😞

Thank you for sending me a private message with your phone number, I will take a look into this and see what is going on and will get back to you shortly. 

Thank you,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.