cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin number

Bob8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I signed up for public mobile at 3:30pm today and tried to add American coverage but was told that my pin number is wrong. I have been back to the store and assured that the pin is correct as recorded. Without a proper pin and American coverage the plan is useless and I will have to cancel it. Bob

4 REPLIES 4

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bob8 ,. There is no American Coverage with a Canadian Provider. All Canadian Networks are only licensed to Provide Coverage within Canada only. 

However if you are looking to call the US from Canada,  it's called LONG DISTANCE and there are add ons you can purchase to make those calls or subscribe to the $50 Plan which gives you unlimited US calling from Canada. The LONG DISTANCE add-ons DO NOT EXPIRE until all used up as long as you keep paying for your 30 Day Plan

If you are looking to use the Service from the USA it's called ROAMING, it's uses the network of a US Provider. In order to get Roaming access there are a few add-on's available depending on your needs. These add ons are good for 10 days from the time you add them. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Bob8 wrote:

I signed up for public mobile at 3:30pm today and tried to add American coverage but was told that my pin number is wrong. I have been back to the store and assured that the pin is correct as recorded. Without a proper pin and American coverage the plan is useless and I will have to cancel it. Bob

@Bob8 if still having difficulty after following @Anonymous  and @Spudster steps, connected with the Moderator Team to have them help you.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bob8 

First thing you should do is create your self-serve account here:

Create Self-Serve Account

Then, here's how you purchase an add-on for American coverage (For either US long distance when calling there from Canada  -or-  a roaming add-on good for 10-days when using your device while you're physically in the US)

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add-Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re done.
  5. Some users have found that rebooting device is required afterwards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bob8 : Your PIN should have come to you via text from 611. If you activated yourself online then you made it. If you activated in store then click on My Account upper right and on the right side click Create account.

Then you can buy the add-on in the self-serve too.

You need to deposit funds first and then buy add-on. You'll see that it seems rather non-intuitive as though you've bought it but you only just put money in.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.