cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data but positive balance

Rhargrave76
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a positive balance on my account but have no data.  Does my current balance get used to give me data?

18 REPLIES 18

@totalUser wrote:

Hi

Did you use your data up?

You gave to specifically buy add-on or new plan. 

You also have option of renewing early, for that you will need help of moderators. Changing the plan or purchasing the add-on is done in your selfserve under plans and add-ons

@Rhargrave76 

We really need more details here otherwise this is just guess work.

When have you signed up?

Is this your renewal date?

Can you post a screen shot of your overview page and payment history with your personal data blanked out?

If you are out of data before your 30 day term is up, besides the options mentioned above ($30/1GB add-on to tide you over to your renewal date, or renew early by contacting the moderators, or immediate plan change to a different plan), you should adjust your phone settings that any unnecessary data usage is not happening:

- OS and app updates only over WiFi

- turn off WiFi assist

- turn off any background data access unless absolutely needed

- don't do speed tests, especially not in the first 48hours after sign-up or plan change (the throttling to 3G speeds takes a bit of time, a speed test on full LTE can easily use up 500MB or more...)

He has the $50 plan.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@Rhargrave76 wrote:

Oh so im just wasted 30 dollars?

No a bit of termnology first, you purchased a Voucher and put it on your account. A data add on is 1GB for $30. Quite expensive.

You can consider 1. Sending a ticket to @CS_Agent  and have them renew your account early, but you can also 2. change your plan and make it affective NO and get a plan with more data,

If you choose the second option, beware you can only get your current plan back if it is still available when you change your plan again.

@Rhargrave76 wrote:

No a bit of termnology first, you purchased a Voucher and put it on your account. A data add on is 1GB for $30. Quite expensive.

You can consider 1. Sending a ticket to @CS_Agent  and have them renew your account early, but you can also 2. change your plan and make it affective NO and get a plan with more data,

If you choose the second option, beware you can only get your current plan back if it is still available when you change your plan again.

Hi @Rhargrave76 

I suggest koho card

It was advertised here

The have public mobile listed as partner and give 2.5%cashback for paying your public mobile bill.

You don't have to use it, but just if you register for autopay you get $2off and free 0.5gigs

I sent you a referral link by private message

@Rhargrave76 , no. When you log in to my account. Is your $30 in your account? If it is then click on purchase add ons choose the in Canada 1 gigabyte add on for $30. It's a 2 step process. Follow the prompts to complete it.

@Rhargrave76 wrote:

Rhargrave76

The 50 dollar per month one

Rhargrave76

Oh ok.  Thanks

If you use credit card you will.not only save money but also get extra data. What plan ate you on?

@Rhargrave76 wrote:

Not at all

The money from voucher you can load on your account and then use it to buy add-on

Rhargrave76

@Rhargrave76 wrote:

10 dollar and 20 dollar add on in canada.  I went to purchase a thirty dollar one but the ckerk told me that a 10 dollar and 20 dollar addon would work.  Is there anything you can to so that my over 50 dollars will give me data?

Oh that's voucher not addon

Addons are products sold by public mobile

You will see how much data you have left

You can buy more https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/?PageRedirect=Redi... 

Those are add-ons they don't expire you keep them until used up

Or you can change plan https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/?PageRedirect=Redi... 

Rhargrave76

10 dollar and 20 dollar add on in canada.  I went to purchase a thirty dollar one but the ckerk told me that a 10 dollar and 20 dollar addon would work.  Is there anything you can to so that my over 50 dollars will give me data?

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The positive balance is there to

- purchase add-ons

- goes towards your next renewal when you current 30 days runs out.

If you do not purchase add-ons and your current plan requires more than the positive balance your plan will become suspended and your balance will sit there until you take action.

@Rhargrave76 wrote:

So what does my 56 bucks get usrd for.  I just bought a 20 dollar and 10 dollar add on on top of having a 26 dollar balance in my account.

Which add-ons did you purchase?

The only $20 add-ons are the ones for US Roaming. If you bought these in error, you will have to contact Moderators to ask for a refund.

You need to purchase the regular data add-ons for use in Canada.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi

Did you use your data up?

You gave to specifically buy add-on or new plan. 

You also have option of renewing early, for that you will need help of moderators. Changing the plan or purchasing the add-on is done in your selfserve under plans and add-ons

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rhargrave76 wrote:

I have a positive balance on my account but have no data.  Does my current balance get used to give me data?

If you want to reactive your plan after suspension, you need to click the reactivate your plan link on the overview page after login before your plan working again.

If you add fund to purchase add-on, your need to purchase the add-on using the fund in your account before your add-on works.

Rhargrave76

So what does my 56 bucks get usrd for.  I just bought a 20 dollar and 10 dollar add on on top of having a 26 dollar balance in my account.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Rhargrave76 wrote:

No it does not.

If you consumed all the data in your plan, you have to either purchase a data add-on, change your plan, renew it early or wait for the next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.