cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving billing cycle start date

ceciccg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Like many people who got a SIM card last minute, I had problems porting my number. After almost 2 weeks of waiting, I just got a call from the PM porting team and they ported my number successfully (yay!). However, I lost 2 weeks of service while waiting for the port.

So I was wondering if I can request PM to move the starting date of my billing cycle to the date that the porting was successful?

I don't think they will do it anytime soon since they are giving priority to the people having troubles changing providers. But hopefully they are willing to compensate for the waiting time.

30 REPLIES 30

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@noogers glad things are in motion.

FYI here's how to check what apps have been consuming the most data recently:  on iPhone, on an Android phone

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

noogers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys ..a moderator got back to me . I still think the overage is an error but I have pre-paid my next cycle in order to have data.  These things happen with self-service and smaller telecoms .. all you can do is ask 😃

srlawren

@Rockdaddy22 hear, hear!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Rockdaddy22

I fully understand how to ask the moderators to bend the rules. I just want to know why it isn’t official policy. A lot of people are wasting money because they aren’t aware of this. PM has never officially made any announcements about this, to the best of my knowledge anyway. Every customer should be aware of this loophole. 

srlawren

@Rockdaddy22 good idea!  FYI I did post a link to @Luddite's version of the procedure in the reference thread list in the oracle area.  EDIT: however, @stonechucker's explanation above is just as good, so feel free to bookmark it if you prefer.  🙂

Rockdaddy22

No question you’d be better off, just wasn’t aware they were bending the rules. They should make it official policy, imho

srlawren

@noogers you basically have two options, early renewal as @stonechucker outlined, or buy data add-on(s), as @Rockdaddy22 mentioned.  Which is better for you is a personal decision, but I'd argue most people with only a handful of days left (like yourself) are probably better off to persue an early renewal.

Rockdaddy22

Of course it’s ridiculously priced, nobody would disagree. If this is the way it works, everybody should be told at sign up that it’s an option. Without a promo plan, you could do it yourself, so I never had a problem with that. I have family and friends that have bought data addons, guess I should tell everyone, just contact the mods and beg, who knows what you’ll get. 

Is this policy written anywhere officially?

This is an option that @Luddite has been very vocal about.  At first, I agreed with your position @Rockdaddy22, however when I think about it, the $30 for for 1 GB of data is rediculously priced, especially when it's less than a week to renewal.

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:

@WearySky wrote:

At $30/GB, I'd much rather just renew 5 days early.  Mods should be able to do it for you, @noogers

And you guys would suggest this even if on a promo plan? Have the mods been doing this for people?

@Rockdaddy22, yes we have been suggesting it for quite awhile now.  If the member has the correct amount of money in available funds they can private message a mod and ask for early renewal.  I haven't heard anyone post that they have been denied this out of all the people that have had it suggested to them.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

SD08

@Rockdaddy22

Yes, the mods have been doing this, even with promo plans. All the customer has to do is have funds in account and send a private message with account details. It's more cost-effective than buying data add-ons if the renewal date is close enough.

Rockdaddy22

@WearySky wrote:

At $30/GB, I'd much rather just renew 5 days early.  Mods should be able to do it for you, @noogers

And you guys would suggest this even if on a promo plan? Have the mods been doing this for people?

Rockdaddy22

I don’t see why they’d do that, but give it a try I guess. 

noogers

yes I emailed the moderator list that I saw in one of the comments.

@noogers, did you private message as I suggested?

noogers

I just need a mod to respond and make it happen .. 

ugh .. users are messaging . mods not so much

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Rockdaddy22

@noogers wrote:

Hi there

Hoping someone.youself can help me.  I ran out of data and I my new invoice start date for 3-month autopay is Oct 29th, 2017l.  Does anyone know how to bump that up? I am lost without data and can't figure out how to add data.

I would rather just reset

please help

You should just buy a data add on to hold you over, and patiently wait for your renewal at the end off the month. 

Hi @noogers,

Preload your expected plan cost to your account, and send a private message to the @CS_Agent.  You'll have to give your account number, and phone number, and give them an explaination that you'd like to renew your plan early.

Shouldn't be a problem to happen at all.  Good luck.

noogers

Hi there

Hoping someone.youself can help me.  I ran out of data and I my new invoice start date for 3-month autopay is Oct 29th, 2017l.  Does anyone know how to bump that up? I am lost without data and can't figure out how to add data.

I would rather just reset

please help

Rockdaddy22
That's right. You'll either get a credit or your date adjusted.

mimmo
Welcome. Glad to hear the positive attitude and that all worked out. Hopefully others will see the good news stories instead of just negative .

Any idea why the port failed?

ceciccg

Just an update,

I private messaged a mod and the she replied me back one day later. She gave me $25 as a credit for the next billing cycle. So glad I changed to Public Mobile and it is worth all the trouble!

Rockdaddy22
That's very interesting. I'm happy to hear they've hired a third party to help out. Very encouraging.

ceciccg

Thanks for the replies!

I asked about reseting my billing cycle when PM called me to do the porting but rep says that PM hired another company to deal with the porting issues and that's the only thing she can do. 

I will sent a private message to a mod and see what happens. Hopefully they reply me back soon.

Rockdaddy22
I would send an email politely asking for time or a credit equal to time lost. I wouldn't bother the mods here. IMHO anyway.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yeah, they should be resetting your billing cycle to the day that you actually finally got service.

mimmo

I would send a private message today to only one mod  requesting the change. and then wait a couple weeks for it to happen.  if nothing happens after 2 weeks message them again.hopefully they will have caught up by then.

This way you will be on record as having made the request immediately once your port was fixed and you will have shown patience. 

PS welcome to Public Mobile, it was a rough start but hopefully the rest will be smooth.

SD08

I've heard that some other people had their billing cycles reset to when their service was fixed, so it definitely doesn't hurt to ask.  Based on the current turnaround time, I would've asked when they called about the port, as that would've saved waiting on another response.  If you are able to do any follow-up contact on the same ticket, I recommend you do so immediately.

jeferson

That is an excellent idea. Why don't you private message a moderator and make that request? It makes perfect sense. Good luck!

jeferson

Need Help? Let's chat.