cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minutes not working

rhysaddis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I went for the cheapest plan for 1GB like an idiot and used up my data very quickly. I decided to add 200 minutes to my existing plan but the minutes are not working. 

Why aren't they working on my phone and what do I need to do to resolve this please as it is urgent. 

Rhys

7 REPLIES 7

@rhysaddis wrote:

I've already done that. 

I guess you didn't read my message, so let me spell it out. 

@rhysaddisYour message was as clear as mud. Smiley Happy

1) Have used up original data plan. 

And what plan was that? You did not mention that in your original post.

2) Have bought and added minutes 

So you bought a talk add-on

3) Minutes show as added in "my data and add ons" but I am unable to make calls.

The fact that minutes show in the dd-on section means that you purchased the add-on. It does not mean you can use them if you don't have a call plan. 

Why do they not just add to my plan? 

You need a talk plan to use a minutes add-on

4) I had no previous voice plan to this and am assuming I can simply add the 200 minutes to my original 1GB data plan - is this true? No, That is not true.

5) Please confirm all of the above.  Done.

Oh ok that's more clear.

You have couple of options, if you switch to any plan with talk you'll be able to use your minutes, that means for 10 (8 if autopay) and you'll be able to use those minutes.

Or you can switch to 25 plan and you can use those minutes for USA calling

If you really need more data monthly go for 40, you get 5g

I'm assuming you do autopay, am I wrong?

Your OP was confusing.

You need a voice plan in order to purchase an add-on for additional minutes.  You may want to consider switching to the $25 plan.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I'm not sure if I follow, I'm sorry

Cheapest plan with data is at 15

The cheapest one with 1gig of 3g data is 25 and it should include unlimited talk, you don't need to buy extra minutes. 

If you want more data it is 1g for $30 but if you go so fast through I would suggest you switch to 40 plan.

You can also go through your data usage and see what consumed too much data abd restrict them.

Can you confirm which plan you have?

Thanks

rhysaddis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've already done that. 

I guess you didn't read my message, so let me spell it out. 

1) Have used up original data plan. 

2) Have bought and added minutes 

3) Minutes show as added in "my data and add ons" but I am unable to make calls. Why do they not just add to my plan? 

4) I had no previous voice plan to this and am assuming I can simply add the 200 minutes to my original 1GB data plan - is this true? 

5) Please confirm all of the above. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rhysaddis wrote:

Hi, 

I went for the cheapest plan for 1GB like an idiot and used up my data very quickly. I decided to add 200 minutes to my existing plan but the minutes are not working. 

Why aren't they working on my phone and what do I need to do to resolve this please as it is urgent. 

Rhys

@rhysaddis  In order for minutes to work you need to have a talk plan. If you are on a data only plan the talk add-on will not work.

What plan do you have? If you are on plan that includes talk and make sure you purchased the correct add-on.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Do you mean 200 MB data add-on for $10 ?

Add-ons are two step process.  You need to purchase and add them.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

They should appear under add-ons in your self serve account.

Need Help? Let's chat.