cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Text vs Canada-Wide

sophitechnicusñ
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

In my plan i have Unlimited international text.

Why the messages don't receice outside of Canada?

The note means that i pay for international but doesn't work?

"Includes text and picture messaging. Premium and subscription-based messages, and messaging to and from non-Canadian numbers, are not included."

Dragos S.

41 REPLIES 41

dannyd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please add Romania to the international minute package.  Thank you.

sophitechnicusñ

.... account credit versus refund? it's easy:

account credit: you will be on the network on the next payment

refund: you think to change the provider

it's a big difference.

Yes now it's work SMS for US but at the beginind not.

@sophitechnicusñ What difference is it if Public gives account credit versus refund? 

US works fine for international txt

From what I can see Orange, Telefonica & Vodafone seem capable of receiving Telus (& therefore Public) SMS

Well, I'm not sure what to say.

Just ask yourself: am I happy with PM or not?

If so, try to work and see if PM and you can come to an understanding

If not, what are my options?

That's all I can suggest

sophitechnicusñ

It's daylight robbery this way of taking money from customers for international text

@sophitechnicusñ, I know that you're upset with this.

PM is a Prepaid carrier, and unfortunately Prepaids does not have refunds at all.

You should at least look at what @Kalla_A has sent via pm and see if it meets your expectations

sophitechnicusñ

Return the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not  stealing procedure for the clients

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @sophitechnicusñ,

I have just sent you a private message regarding your situation: please take a look.

Thank you for your patience, I understand that this is a frustrating situation.

Cheers,

Kalla

Thanks @Jeremy_M, Hoping this can smooth out the tension @sophitechnicusñ may have.

Hoping PM has not soured the experience for @sophitechnicusñ, would be kinda sad

@sophitechnicusñ, I must say this:

Because PM is a Prepaid, Refunds are not possible, believe me, a lot of ppl have asked that when they had some issues, But I'm sure PM can do something to make up for this.

@Shazia_K, is there anything you can do for @sophitechnicusñ, I understand the issue at hand

Hi @sophitechnicusñ,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with international text. International text with Public Means that you can text anyone in the world, some restrictions outside of Public Mobile do apply.

Some of those restrictions can be various in nature:

• Carrier blocking 
  • Person you are trying to reach is blocking the number
  • Or number ranges can be blocked due to fraudulent use

The only way to be certain that the above does not apply to you is:

1. Your account is up to date
  2. You have chosen international text

If the above is in good standing and you still cannot send international text, please contact one of our Community Mod's or send us an email and we would be more than happy to verify the number(s) your trying to SMS. 

Thanks,

Jeremy

sophitechnicusñ

I already say:

I WANT ONLY THE MONEY BACK I WAIT ENOUGH.

@Shazia_K, thanks for replying back to @sophitechnicusñ.

@Shazia_K, Perhaps you should tell @sophitechnicusñ what are the 18 Countries that PM has for the Global Txt thing since it does not yet cover every country

Hello @sophitechnicusñ,

I'm sorry about the delay in responding to you.

I can assure you that Kalla is working on helping you get this fixed as soon as possible 🙂

Thank you for your patience.

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

sophitechnicusñ

Europe/Romania

and USA

Just curiousWhat Country were you trying to txt?

Cause PM's Global txt only covers 18 I believe, for now at least

sophitechnicusñ

After 26.04.2016 i think some person try but no result.

I want now my money back in my hand not only in my online account, unfortunately for me is a stealing this procedure to get the money from the clients with out ofer the services promised.

Dragos S

@sophitechnicusñ, I understand where you're coming from.

Has any of the PM staff assisted you on rectifying this issue for you yet?

sophitechnicusñ

I pay International unlimited text !!!

sophitechnicusñ

Canada-Wide i don't know yet, i will find out soon.

sophitechnicusñ

International text DOESN'T work

@sophitechnicusñ, what happened?

Did your Txt function correctly?

Do you have the Canada-Wide or Global Txt?

sophitechnicusñ

Return the money($6.9), in USA, Europe, doesn't work... where will work?? wich country??

It's simple, refund the money and tell me what i can have the money in my hand from online account.

Dragos S

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mary_M@Kalla_A:  was one of you able to help @sophitechnicusñ?  Do you have any info on the carriers/countries that he or she was trying to text that did not work? This might be useful information for other PM customers and prospects.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@sophitechnicusñ but there is international txt to many numbers in many countries. It just seems like it does not work to the specific numbers you are trying.

You could always ask for a refund but price difference is neglible (eg on plan it would equate to a -$2 monthly refund)

sophitechnicusñ

ok, if there is't International text WHY accept to pay for that?????????????????????????

In this case i wait to return the money!!!

basetaxtotal
   15% 
I PAYInternational text15623.4179.4
I HAVECanada wide15022.5172.5

DIFFERENCE  6.9

What will happend now? How i cand transfer the money from my online account(after you refund) in real money in my hand??????? I want this use this money not wait 3 month maybe i will use for a new plan if i will choose this.

Dragos Sofian

@sophitechnicusñ carriers always need to have agreements to send international. In some cases different carriers (Bell, Rogers, Telus, Wind) will have different results when sending international txt messages. There are tons of exceptions out there (as an example since we don't know who you txt, a couple years back there was a big issue with Venezuela cellular operators, many North American providers totally dropped support since costs were exorbinant)

@7789849803 There was a time after pioneer plans but before current plans where Public did not offer international txt at all.

Hey @sophitechnicusñ

Actually, @Kalla_A is not in the office today but she will be here on Saturday morning. 

As @7789849803 mentioned, receiving text messages depends on the foreign party. It is possible that the numbers you are trying to message are not able to receive from Public Mobile. Please send Kalla the numbers you are trying to reach via private message.

Thank you !

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

sophitechnicusñ
I still waiting
Need Help? Let's chat.