cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If promotional plan goes to suspension and then re-activated are benefits lost?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I have recently registered in the $30 per 30 Days promotional plan that  includes: -

• - 1 GB of data at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

I have also initiated  “auto top up” by providing my credit card info that gives me a discount of $10/month for 6 months.

My questions are: — (1) If I cancel the “auto top up” and if I let my account go to suspension for two months would my plan benefits  be cancelled ? I do realize that  after 90 days of non-payment my account would be deactivated.

(2) If after two months I again set up "auto top up" would I again receive the 1 GB data and $10 discount?

4 REPLIES 4

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BEER  I asked a similar question a while back.  This was the answer I received.  

an interesting question was asked in the forum the other day. 

if someone is on auto pay with one of the +500mb bonus or 10 bonus and they enable lost stolen mode will that affect either of the bonus  thinking specifically:

• using the lost stolen trick
    • if there was an autopay /renewal failure
    • this seems to be a common suggestion used by many when account issues are encuntered 
  • enabling lost stolen mode to bypass a renewal (ie going on vacation for a month) 

If the recurring $10 credit is done by the system during the window when their phone is registered as lost/stolen, it will not be applied. When they resume service they will be eligible once again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER 

hairbag1's answer is probably better. I was concluding that you were focused on the $10.

No you don't lose your plan. If that's the 500+500 promo plan you could possibly lose the extra 500 due to it being a promo plan depending on whether they decide to stop offering the bonus 500.

You would lose the $10 credit though.

Edit: Put it back @hairbag1 🙂 I certainly may have after I read YOUR post.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

I must have misunderstood the question. My appologys.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER 

1. Yes. The Announcement says you won't.

2. See 1.

Need Help? Let's chat.