cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Data Add On US Roaming Not Working

I am currently in California. Flew in from Toronto last night. 

I purchased the US Roaming + Data add-on yesterday at afternoon (EST)

Do I need to put in APN settings or anything to get the my data working? 

I am not able to use data on my phone.

I've basically paid for a service that I can't use. Can someone please help?

This already has a solution posted. Scroll to the top of the thread and click the link for the solution which will take you to that reply.

I did the 2 step process already. 

I can see the add-on active on my account but I still cannot use the data.

I'm asking for technical solution. Do I need to set up a specific APN? Connect to a specific US network? 

Mayor / Maire

@z_nixwrote:

I did the 2 step process already. 

I can see the add-on active on my account but I still cannot use the data.

I'm asking for technical solution. Do I need to set up a specific APN? Connect to a specific US network? 

@z_nix As the solution reply noted: try manually selecting either AT&T or T-Mobile.  If the first one is unsuccessful, try the other.  

[EDIT: sorry just realized you already confirmed data roaming is on; I removed that part of my reply]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I have looked at the solution and it did not help me here.

I had bought the Us Data Roaming add-on on August 3rd and it worked back then. Since the validity is 10 days i tried using the same today since the Add-on was showing active on my account however none of data and calls/texts worked today. The cellular provider wa TMobile and At&t, both of them did not work. When i tried to call local and canadian numbers i got message from public mobile that i do not have US Data roaming add-on on my public mobile account and i need to add an add-on to call/text local numbers.

I don't understand why i got such message when my account clearly shows the add-on as 'Active'

US Roaming - 250 MB Data (10-day)
51.045  /  250 MB