cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plans

MrMime
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. I signed up for the $40 plan 3 days ago and would like to change to the $50 plan for the extra data. How can I do this?

11 REPLIES 11

MrMime

Unfortunately I’ve not had a reply yet.

@MrMime wrote:

Thanks. It was actually only 2 days ago.

The retailer I purchased from said I could upgrade by calling 611.

I’ve messages the moderators.

@MrMime  Let us know how it works out.

Take care!

Good luck!

@bravo_md wrote:

Sorry there are no exceptions to these rules. 

With all do respect, of course, exceptions have been made for me in my short time with PM. Not this one, but PM does have a heart, and common sense as well. That being said, I don't doubt you are correct in a majority of cases.

MrMime

Thanks. It was actually only 2 days ago.

The retailer I purchased from said I could upgrade by calling 611.

I’ve messages the moderators.

@MrMime 

There is no cooling off period with Public Mobile since it is prepaid.  You may want to try to contact moderator to see whether moderators can help your situation (since only 3 days).  No guarantees though.....  YMMV

Maybe top up your account by extra $10 and then private message moderator.  Expect 1-2 days wait though....

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Not that I am aware of. You can message a moderator to get an official answer here.

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry there are no exceptions to these rules. 

MrMime

Thanks for the responses. Are there no exceptions to this? I only chose the plan 3 days ago? Is there no cooling off period? I’m only travelling in Canada for 3 weeks. 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

PM is a prepaid service so for the next 30 days, that is your plan, unless you change it. When you change it, you will forego the remainder of your current plan with no refund. So live with that plan as long as you can and when you run out of data, consider changing the plan then.

There are add ons, but I think you'll likely be better off exhausting this plan and then purchasing your desired plan in the future.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@MrMime 

In your self service account, you can change plans. Either immediately or at next renewal date.  If you change plans immediately though, you will lose the remaining allotment of your data, etc.  PM does not prorate plans though. . 

Need Help? Let's chat.