cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get started

Kryziss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I made a mistake when I first tried to transfer my phone number from Koodo so I have to start over. Error messages now say that my sim card and username are already taken. Also, even though I couldn't complete the procedure, my friend already received the 1$ credit for the referral. Is my sim card wasted? What do I have to do now?

When I'll be able to successfully start over, when do I send my message to say that I want to tranfer my number from Koodo?

Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14

@Kryziss wrote:

@geopublic by port info you mean the *#06#, alternate number and previous account pin?

@Kryziss Your account number, name on account and the phone number with your previous provider.

Kryziss

@geopublic by port info you mean the *#06#, alternate number and previous account pin?

@geopublic wrote:

@Kryziss wrote:

I did not get to the part where I enter my credit card number. The sim card does not work and my previous one still works.

@Kryziss Your activation is in a zombie state and only the PM moferator team will be able to bring it back to life.

Your going to have to message them and give them your sim number email account and the port info and tbey will complete the port for you.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@geopublic knows this stuff better than I. I'd message the moderator based on that post alone.

Kryziss

@geopublic thanks a lot

@Kryziss wrote:

I did not get to the part where I enter my credit card number. The sim card does not work and my previous one still works.

@Kryziss Your activation is in a zombie state and only the PM moderator team will be able to bring it back to life.

Your going to have to message them and give them your sim number email account and the port info and tbey will complete the port for you.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

No money, no deal, I'm guessing. Wait a while, and try again. Maybe when some more people go to bed or early in the am.

@Kryziss wrote:

In that case, you will have to wait a bit and try again later using incognito/private browsing mode. If it lets you activate again, make sure to choose a new number first just to complete the activation process. You can request to port in your number later. If it still gives you the same error, reach out to the moderator team and they might be able to check the status of that sim card. 

Kryziss

Kryziss

When I try to log in : 

Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again. 

When I click ''forgot your password?'' and enter my email adress:

Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address.

@Kryziss wrote:

I am unable to log in to my self serve account.

What about the sim? Is it working in your phone? Did you get chanrged on your cc?

@Kryziss wrote:

I've been keeping my eye on it all night. It has been slow at times. Consider clearing your cache and using incognito mode. Chrome works best for me. But keep trying. It will happen, assuming it's not an email or pwd issue.

@Kryziss wrote:

Is it giving an error message such as incorect password?  If it is, try the forgot password link https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

It does sound like something went wrong with the activation process, similar to part of the activation being done, but not all of it. 

Sorry, but you cannot start over.  It sounds to me as if you were charged for the plan and the self-serve account partially created but not properly by the activation system.  The fact that your friend got credit for referring you also means that Public Mobile activated parts of your account. 

I am suspecting that this is an account provissioning issue.  If that's the case, only moderators can fix this.

Kryziss

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Kryziss It seems like the activation went through even though porting failed. Put the sim card in your phone and see if it works. Use the email and password you entered to log in to your self-serve account. If services are working, check outgoing call and text service to make sure porting from koodo failed or not. 

Need Help? Let's chat.