cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing my plan on suspended account

heather_216
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan was up for renewal this past weekend, but I had taken off my auto renewal. I have  a new job and get a cell phone from my workplace. I wanted some time to think about whether or not to keep my personal phone as well so just waited to pay, and I've been trying to switch my plan to the lowest possible to give myself time to think but the website won't let me do anything when I go into the 'change my plan'. So now it says my account is suspended, and it seems to only want me to renew what I had before, but that was the 3 month lots of options plan. I just wanted to pay the $5 option for 10 days with no talk, no text, no data until I figured out what to do. Can someone help? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The above info is correct--you must chose at least 1 service or the account remains suspended/inactive.  You can go up to 89 days of suspended without losing your account, plan, and phone number.  Also, when already suspended, you currently cannot reactivate on a different plan yourself in self-serve, you need to contact a moderator by private message to assist you.

FYI, if you think this last part is silly, please review and bravo my idea here http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Ability-to-reactivate-a-suspended-account-o... to vote up the idea.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Please note, there is no valid $5 plan.  The cheapest plan with the shortest time is the $11 text only 10-day plan.

In order for a plan to be 'active', it must have 1 of the 3 choices (or more) applied at activation.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Seems like every other day we see a post asking about this or very similar...

Luds post should be pinned like I suggested already... would save a lot of time! 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#U1...

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

When a plan expires, you actually have up to 89 days after the expiration date to reactivate it before you lose the plan and phone number. So in your situation, since you want time to think about what you want, you're okay leaving it expired for now, without buying anything.

In any case, you can't just buy the $5 base plan and nothing else. In order for the account to be active, you must purchase at least one of the talk, text or data options.  Another important point is, if you were to buy a cheap talk/text option just as a placeholder, that would cause you to lose any promotional or grandfathered plan you had previously. When you then buy another plan, you would only be able to select from those that PM currently offers.

Since your account is expired, PM will only allow you to reactivate it yourself if you renew the previous plan you had. Any change to a new plan on an expired account can only be done by a moderator. When you eventually decide on a plan you want, if it's not the previous one, you would need to contact a moderator by private message telling them the account phone number and the details of the plan you want.  How to contact moderators:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.