cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account closed when I ported out number

Gbrandon1995
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, I ported out my number today, but it also closed my account immediately once ported. I did not want this to happen. My plan was paid until january 5th. So I should still have my services available with an alternate number until the paid date, or will I receive a prorated refund of unused time?

5 REPLIES 5

iliusfaisal
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The time when you ported your number the older one will be closed and the balance will be gone... there is no way to get it back... 😞

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Gbrandon1995 

I believe if someone had a balance in their account and they port out (close acct) they will also lose the funds already in the acct.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Always best to port out your number at the end date of your plan or you will lose the remaining active days that you paid for. PM is a prepaid carrier and does not offer refunds for any unused plan days.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Gbrandon1995  Live and learn.🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Gbrandon1995 wrote:

Hey, I ported out my number today, but it also closed my account immediately once ported. I did not want this to happen. My plan was paid until january 5th. So I should still have my services available with an alternate number until the paid date, or will I receive a prorated refund of unused time?

There is no pro-rating with public Mobile as it is pre-paid.  When you port your number out of any mobile carrier it automatically closes the account.  That is one of the downfalls of pre-paid is that if you port out during your current cycle you forfeit any of your remaining plan that was already paid for

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.