cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

400 free minutes

Mia90
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Back in December I received 400 free minutes.  I have used 143.  I'm trying to make a call and I get a message saying; "talk is not included in your current plan".  I have unlimited calls to Canada.

How can I use the remaining minutes?

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector 

It was unnecessary of the OP to mention unlimited calling in Canada while asking about the 400 minutes.

All current plans except the data-only one have Canada-wide calling.

The 200 minute is Canada/US which could be useful for the one remaining limited minute plan. It could be useful for old provincial plans and the other old limited minute plan. And of course everyone else other than the $50 plan to call the US.

The 400 minute is also for Canada/US plus your 17 (actually 18) other countries which could be useful for those same people plus for everyone to call elsewhere.

The 500 minute is Canada-wide which could also be useful for those customers.

@Mia90  Says says his/her plan HAS unlimited Canada calling. So it is a $25 or higher plan. Are you trying to use the 400 minutes to call from Canada to a different country? If so to what country? Only 17 countries are included in PM's International add-on. Double check you are calling the correct number or try calling a different "Long Distance" number. Somehow you did manage to use 143 of the minutes so far.

AE_Collector

Mia90

Thank you

Mia90

Thank you.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Mia90 you usually get that message when your dial the wrong number. Or are out of minutes.  Try your call again, if it doesn't work,  log into your self service account and see if the add on is still there. It should look like this.

Screenshot_20200321-214124.jpg

If it isn't there, you can add the 500 minute,  $5  addon. It doesn't expire until used up.  See link on buying add ons https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

Also, save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mia90  Dial *611 from your phone to make sure your account is active. If yes, make sure the number you sure dialing is correct.

Need Help? Let's chat.